Gospel to Fans: Testify
- Wings of the Doves. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p2
This article reports that the Gospel Music Channel will be broadcasting the Gospel Music Association's Dove Awards presentation. The network has formed partnerships with the association, record companies and other groups to promote the telecast. In addition to promotions appearing on Gospel...
- VJs put spin on Poland. Richardson, Rick // Variety;07/31/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 10, p38
Provides information on the music television networks Viva Polska and Music Television (MTV) in Poland. History of MTV in Poland; Response of viewers to the programs of Viva; Information on Viva music video jockey Inga Odeta.
- TCA SUMMER PRESS TOUR NEWS. // Multichannel News;8/1/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p10
The article offers news briefs related to several films to be launched by television networks in the U.S. Lifetime Television will launch new original film "Five" in October 10, 2011, which will chronicle lives of five women and how breast-cancer affects their lives. ESPN will introduce a new...
- London Live to launch music show. // Music Week;3/7/2014, Issue 59, p7
The article reports on the new music show to be part of the initial offering of the new television (TV) channel London Live which will debut on March 31, 2014.
- Scoring the Kosovo conflict. Lehner, Adam // New Yorker;05/24/99, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the distinction between the music that Cable News Network (CNN) used to score its special Kosovo coverage,`Strike Against Yugoslavia' and the music used for its `Strike Against Iraq' segments. Iraq-bombing music deemed as martial while the music behind the Kosovo coverage is foggy and...
- Gospel Music Channel Mixes It Up. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p29
The article reports that Gospel Music Channel will add comedy, reality and drama content to its lineup of gospel-tinged music video, concert and awards shows as part of its 2008-2009 programming. The network will become a Nielsen Media Research-rated. It will launch "Comedy Quickies," a short...
- Following Delay, MTV's Chinese Awards Show Set. Hughes, Owen // Billboard;04/24/99, Vol. 111 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the rescheduled Music Television (MTV) Networks Asia Chinese music honors show. Reasons behind the cancellation; Ceremony to be staged by China Central Television (CCTV) and MTV; Details; Sponsors.
- What Industryites Think Of Major Music Video Nets. Hay, Carla // Billboard;02/24/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p79
Evaluates music video cable television networks in the United States. Complaints that MTV does not have enough music-related programming; Suggested improvements to VH1 programming; Positive aspects of country music networks including Great American Country.
- Univision kudocast a hit. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;2/28/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 44, p30
Reports on the success of the 17th annual music awards show "Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina," of Univision in Miami, Florida. Rating of the show; Criticisms on the emphasis of pretty pop stars over talent in the awards and telecast; Implementation of a transparent nomination process by the...