Fixing Lame Web Sites
- MSNBC.com Breaks Ranks on Streaming. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p10
Reports the free services offered by MSNBC for the channel subscription after the September 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Conditions for the service accessibility; Web site address for subscription; Features of the reports and news breaks featured.
- CitySearch just the ticket for USA. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;08/17/98, Vol. 128 Issue 34, p96
Announces the merging of USA Networks' Ticketmaster Online operation with CitySearch. Implication of the combination; Comments from Lisa Allen, senior analyst for Forrester Research, and Alan Citron, president of USA Networks Interactive.
- HGTV relaunches site as virtual village. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;09/14/98, Vol. 128 Issue 38, p59
Announces that Home & Garden Television recast its Website as an online village. Features of the site; Objective behind the move.
- A&E, Family Channel revamp sites. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;08/04/97, Vol. 127 Issue 32, p53
Comments on the Web site redesigns by Arts & Entertainment (A&E) Network and the Family Channel. Departure from the formula of online promotions in favor of being stand-alone destinations; A&E's Mystery Database resource; Content independence of Family Channel's site; Users' access to on-air...
- On Lifetime: New show and site. Rich, Laura // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/2/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Lifetime Television's plans to launch a World Wide Web site called Traders TV to promote the series `Traders.' Focus of television program on Wall Street women; Support for the series with newspaper and radio campaign.
- Using your noggle. Cheng, Kipp // Entertainment Weekly;10/03/97, Issue 399, p92
Reports on cable network Nickelodeon's World Wide Web site, Nogglevision. Internet address.
- IQ news. Kuchinskas, Susan // MediaWeek;09/07/98, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p33
Highlights the traffic records set by CNNfn.com for reporting 8.5 million page views on August 31, 1998. Percentage increase in requests for avails; Addition of another server.
- Site of the week. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;05/31/99, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p43
Features the Web site of cable television network Cartoon Network. Features of the Web site; Date of launching; Designer of the Web site; Access information.
- NSNBC promotes financial focus. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;04/06/98, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p53
Cites the plans of MSNBC to launch a broad promotional effort for business readers on the Web. Comments from Jim Kinsella, general manager of MSNBC; Information on business-related Web sites; Details on the MSNBC site.