A Summit Made for Soundbites
- Shapiro Takes Slap at Forrester. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the reactions of Consumer Electronics Association president Gary Shapiro on Forrester Research Inc.'s harsh critique of digital television. Suggestion given by Forrester Research to cable.
- Give us some credit. Whitney, Daisy; Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;12/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p14
Focuses on efforts of the U.S. federal government to improve awareness of digital televisions among its citizens. Percentage of Americans who are unfamiliar to digital television signals; Reaction of federal officials to the lack of familiarity among Americans for digital televisions; Plans of...
- Thank God there's a PC in your TV. Torr, Jeremy // Australian Personal Computer;June97, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p68
Opinion. Examines the efforts of computer technology companies in the United States to get into the digital technology market. Reason for efforts of technology companies; Purchase of WebTV by Microsoft; Progress made by technology companies in relation to broadcast networks.
- Group promotes mobile DTV in education efforts. Washkuch, Frank // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);4/27/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the effort of a coalition of broadcasting industry groups and mobile device makers to hold educational campaigns to promote mobile digital television (DTV) in Las Vegas, Nevada. The move also aims to teach audiences on how to use the technology. Moreover, Washington D.C....
- Panel urges DTV patience. Dickson, Glenn // Broadcasting & Cable;09/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 39, p15
Highlights the message given by the panel members of the Interface Seminar on September, 1998 regarding digital television (DTV). Comments from Jim Carnes, president and chief executive officer of Sarnoff Corp.; Views of Gary Shapiro, president of the Consumer Electronics Manufacturers...
- Vegas Vibe. // CableFAX Daily;1/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2
Presents highlights from the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held in Las Vegas, Nevada. Award received by S-A at the CES; Number of digital television sets which were sold in 2005, according to Gary Shapiro of the Consumer Electronics Association; Providers with which Amp'd Mobile of MTVN,...
- Shapiro Calls For Cable Interoperability With DTV. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p3
Reports the views of president Gary Shapiro on digital television (DTV) transition and the cable industry in Washington. Promotion of DTV by the cable industry; Assessment of Shapiro on DTV transition; Proportion of markets with high definition TV programming.
- Powell cautious about HDTV during CES talk. // Electronic Media;01/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1A
Presents an edited transcript of the conversation between Consumer Electronics Association president and chief executive officer Gary Shapiro and United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulator Michael Powell at the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas, Nevada, in January...
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p38
Presents news items concerning high-technology industries in the United States as of March 2001. Amount of funds raised by PacketVideo in its Series E preferred-stock round of financing; Broadcast trade groups' plans of creating a digital television technology center.