CABLE TESTS NATIONAL AD-SALES WATERS
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- Addressing Advertising's Future. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;1/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the condition of the television advertising business in the U.S. in 2009. It states that various local cable operators struggled during the year due to the difficulty in creating a viable business model that would be based on various devices. It mentions the impact of the...
- Advertisers, Marketers Jump On Network Christmas Sleigh. ROMERO, ARIANA // Multichannel News;12/8/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p16
The article reports that advertisers and marketers in the U.S. are taking advantage of the holiday-season creep also known as Christmas creep, earlier appearance of Christmas-themed merchandising, to promote their products. Topics discussed include airing of the commercial "Not a Christmas" by...
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Charter Gets Its Way, Consumers Lose. // Multichannel News;4/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Charter Scores Set-Top Waiver" in the April 18, 2013 issue.
- The Mercado Report: The Latino market power. Caspa, Humberto // La Prensa San Diego;4/24/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p7
The article discusses the Latino market power. It refers to radio stations and television networks now offering a wide range of Spanish-language programs. It is informed that there are competitors in the market, including cable companies with heavy Spanish and English programming packages....
- LESSONS FROM THE TRU2WAY CONFAB. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p27
The author reflects on Tru2way Developers Conference. It is the author's view that consumers are resoundingly interested in digital cable without the set-top box for the three reasons, that is, no monthly set-top rental fees, no futzing with wiring, and one remote control. She also inferred that...
- Cablers get in Canoe to paddle past Google. FRIEDMAN, WAYNE // Daily Variety;5/5/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 21, pA7
The article reports on the Project Canoe initiative that was launched by the cable industry in the U.S. The campaign promotes an addressable TV marketing scheme wherein advertisements are precisely targeted to customers' individual preference and lifestyle. It notes that the movie marketing...
- Operators' Hispanic Strategies. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 35, pA8
The article discusses the strategies employed by the top five multichannel video program distributors in the U.S. in targeting the Hispanic viewers. Among the operators included are Comcast, DirecTV and Dish Network. Topics covered include the operators' Hispanic video-on-demand (VOD), high...