How AT&T Plans to Conquer the U-Verse
- H-D-T-V IN THE USA! // Popular Science;Jun2003, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p24
This article focuses on high definition television programming in the United States.The major television networks are gradually offering more hours in high-definition television per week. Among the major networks, early-adopter CBS is the HDTV king.
- Future Vision. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/14/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on the challenges to the deployment of high-definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Increase in the number of local television stations offering digital feeds; Obstacles posed by cable industry operators; Action taken by Circuit City to motivate sale of HDTV product.
- Cable Operators Boost HDTV Availability. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p22
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) reported that more than 75 percent of U.S. television households can now receive high-definition television (HDTV) from their local cable operator, as of April 2004. According to revised NCTA data, 84 million U.S. homes are now passed...
- Study Finds Boston Tops In HDTV. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;2/6/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
Presents a study conducted by technology research firm Kersey Strategies in 2005, on the top U.S. markets with cable television access. Top states in the country with the most high-definition (HD) cable channels; Several HD cable television channels in the country; Amount spent by cable...
- From CNET Reviews. Barthold, Jim // CT's Pipeline;10/17/2006, p2
The article talks about the "Five Reasons Not to Buy an HDTV With CableCard," an article by Executive Editor of CNET Reviews David Carnoy and comments of readers about it. The article focused on first generation technology and has generated more than 100 responses. Responses vary, some think...
- Cable Lights HD Fire. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p27
Reports on the effort of cable operators and programmers to close the gap between the number of high definition television (HDTV) set owners and high definition set-top box owners in the U.S. Estimated number of HD set-tops deployed by cable operators; Remarks from Andy Addis, senior vice...
- Reasons Why I'm Thankful. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p36
The author offers a list of things that are needed to be appreciated. He says he is thankful because the fifth and final season of HBO's "The Wire" is all well-written and not affected by the strike initiated by his co-writers. He also expresses his gratefulness because New York has finally...
- Got HDTV? Putnam, Peter // Video Systems;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p59
Discusses technological innovations in high-definition television (HDTV). Video recording for HDTV; Growth of the flat-panel television industry; Television networks and cable providers of HDTV. INSET: Update.
- Indies Look to Impress. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p70
The article provides information on the cable television market opportunities for the companies to introduce innovative techniques in television broadcasting. It describes the innovative techniques to be used by television broadcasting companies including high-definition, and three-dimensional...