Spike Sets Sights on UFC
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- SURVIVING REALITY TV: THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE FOR REALITY SHOW CONTESTANTS. Blair, Jennifer L. // Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review;2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
With the popularity of reality television remaining unabated, precious little attention is given to the effects participation as a contestant on a reality television show may have. Although there is a growing body of work concerning the mental toll reality television takes on its contestants,...
- BOB SOVEN. // TransWorld WakeBoarding;Fall2012, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p96
The article features Bob Soven, reality television celebrity and wakeboarder. Soven notes that signing a 52-page contract is the last thing he wants to come out of starring in a reality show. He cites "Sleepless in Seattle" as the movie that made him cry. Soven admits that he got affected when...
- Oxygen models reality show. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/21/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 15, p2
Reports that Janice Dickinson, former judge of "America's Next Top Model," has signed a contract with Oxygen television network for a reality show in Los Angeles, California.
- The Legal Issues. BELLONI, MATTHEW // Hollywood Reporter;9/9/2011, Vol. 417 Issue 31, p58
The article focuses on whether participants of the reality television programs can sue producers after signing the contracts, if they are not satisfied with the show.
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.
- FACE-OFF. RUDGE, CHARLOTTE // InStyle;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
This article compares the main characters of the reality television shows "Jersey Girls" and "Jersey Shore."
- 4 THINGS WE'D LOVE TO ASK THE... JENNER SISTERS. // Dolly;Aug2014, Issue 524, p14
The article enumerates the questions that the periodical staff want to ask the Kardashian reality television family, including favorite name starting with the letter K, member of the family with the best dance moves and reason behind Kylie dyeing her hair green.
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.