- Standard Chartered: competition for the wealthy in Korea heats up. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;July 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the competition between Standard Chartered Bank and Citigroup Inc. in the financial services industry in Seoul, South Korea. Launch of the private banking branch by the bank; Acquisition of KorAm Bank by Citigroup Inc.; Aim to provide customers with higher returns and value-added...
- The real banking chartered. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;6/2/2003, p40
Reports that Standard Chartered Bank will have a full banking license in South Africa. Branches to be opened; Plans to increase the bank's employee in Johannesburg.
- Zimbabwe's Standard practice. Meldrum, Andrew // African Business;Jul/Aug96, Issue 212, p36
Reports on updates relating to the performance of Standard Chartered Bank in Zimbabwe. Information on the sector's contribution to the company; Rapid investments as key to rapid growth; Background of Standard's involvement in Zimbabwe's economy.
- The winners. // African Business;Nov2010, Issue 369, p44
A list of the winners of the 2010 African Banker Awards is presented, that includes the Investment Bank of the Year award to Renaissance Capital Corp., the Socially Responsible Bank of the Year award to Access Bank, Nigeria, and the Best Global Bank in Africa award to Standard Chartered Bank.
- Firms left hanging as Standard Chartered delays panel decisions. Vere-Jones, Emma; Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the status of the regional panel review conducted by Standard Chartered Bank in 2003. Lawyers pitching for the account; Background on the bank's global panel of legal representation.
- Building societies and banks -- another link. // Accountancy;Aug1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1080, p32
Reports on the partnership between the Bristol and West Building Society and the Standard Chartered Bank to offer their customers the `Moneylink' package of personal financial services, a combination of an interest-earning building society investment linked to a full bank current account...
- Award for Standard Chartered. Adele, Sam // African Business;Nov2003, Issue 292, p55
Reports on the selection of Standard Chartered in Africa as Bank of the Year by "Banker" magazine. Information on the award; Comment of Peter Sullivan, CEO of Standard Chartered, on the award; Background on the operations of the bank.
- Aviation authority to refinance sukuk. Martin, Matthew // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/16/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 42, p15
The article informs that Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) has approached several banks about refinancing its 1 bn dollar sukuk (Islamic bond), which will mature in November 2009. Some of the banks approached by DCAA are the Standard Chartered Bank of Great Britain, Dubai Islamic Bank, Bank...
- Investigation into Standard Chartered. // Accountancy;Mar1987, Vol. 99 Issue 1123, p46
Reports that the Bank of England has appointed inspectors under the Banking Act 1979 to investigate the circumstances surrounding the Standard Chartered's successful defense against a takeover bid from the Lloyds Bank.