Close to the Vest
- NEW YORK [YES, NEW YORK!] IS TECH CITY. Hempel, Jessi // Fortune;12/6/2010, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p47
The article discusses technology companies and internet startups in New York City. The author suggests that New York City possesses the innovative qualities internet companies are looking for, and provides examples such as Google buying property and employing 1,000 engineers in New York and...
- Google China boss quits for start-up. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/10/2009, p2
The article reports on the departure of Lee Kai-Fu as vice president of engineering and president of China-based Google Inc. The author states that Lee quits from the company to start his own firm Innovation Works capitalised with 115 million dollar from several backers. The author also notes...
- Google to fund Europe startups. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/11/2014, pA02
The search leader plans to invest at least $100 mil in European startups via a new fund in its Google Ventures unit.
- Corporate deals may not be best solution for start-ups. Hershberg, Peter // Advertising Age;5/18/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 18, p32
The article examines Internet industry finance. The business model for many new business enterprises in the industry is assumed to be corporate licensing rights and other business-to-business related revenues. The history of Google Inc., perhaps the most successful company within the industry,...
- The Net Finds Its Level. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/23/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p10
The article analyzes the business implications of Google's acquisition of YouTube. Analysts are questioning Google's decision to purchase YouTube. The Internet industry have experienced various problems, but despite this, venture capitalists invested millions in a hope that the Web business will...
- XOOGLER. // Entrepreneur;Mar2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p24
This article discusses the term "xoogler" and defines it as a former employee of the internet company Google Inc. who is forming a startup company.
- 13 graduating startups from a Google-funded incubator in Pakistan. // Inc. India;1/4/2016, p1
The article focuses on 13 startups in Karachi, Pakistan, funded by technology company Google Inc., including software company The Nest I/O, information technology company Hireonic and RentMyCar, a marketplace for car rentals.
- Ex-Haarmanns pair create Oldenbourg Plus. Cushnie, Loraine // Lawyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the launch of a new firm called Oldenbourg Plus, which specialises in corporate, and private equity work. The firm has been launched by two former partners Andreas Oldenbourg and Simon Preisenberger from Haarmann Hemmelrath's Munich office. Oldenbourg was one of the...
- These Days, Who Isn't A Venture Capitalist? Shaffer, Richard A. // Fortune;4/17/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p532
Focuses on the success of United States venture capital funds in light of the proliferation of Internet start-up companies. Annual rate of equity investments from venture partnerships; Influence of venture investors over a company's strategy and structure; Marketing efforts of venture...