The Economy's Trillion-Dollar Question
- IN A NUTSHELL. // Finweek;Spring2007 Supplement, p4
The article offers news briefs related to finance in South Africa. The country's hedge funds with longer track records had delivered 22% rate of return average for 12 months ending June 2007. Stanlib Small Cap Fund was the top unit trust performer in 2007 ending June with 83.32% fund return....
- HEDGE FUNDS ABSOLUTELY MANIPULATE STOCK PRICES. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2013, Vol. 141 Issue 2814, p9
The article discusses manipulation of stock prices by hedge funds.
- Liquid focus has paid off for Fohfs. Smith, Amanda // Money Marketing;7/15/2010, p16
The article reports on the significance of fund of hedge funds to the improvement of liquidity in liquid strategies, according to S&P Fund Services.
- Does liquidity have a price that investors should be prepared to pay? Barreto, Susan // Invest Hedge;12/21/2015, p1
In almost every corner of the hedge fund industry these days the focus is on liquidity - not least in the fund of hedge funds industry, where daily liquidity offerings are still proliferating at a rapid rate
- Before you decide to deregister... // ABA Banking Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p12
The article presents the issues raised by Robert Fleetwood, partner at Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP regarding the passage of the JOBS Act in April 2012 in the U.S. which include the effect of deregistration on the company's stock price and shareholders' liquidity, and on the...
- COMMENT ON "INTRA-INDUSTRY EFFECTS OF SHAREHOLDER ACTIVISM IN GERMANY -- IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEDGE FUNDS AND PRIVATE EQUITY INVESTMENTS?" BY MIETZNER, SCHWEIZER, AND TYRELL. Hackethal, Andreas; Meyer, Steffen // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Apr2011, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p186
The article discusses the impact of active shareholders on the industrial governance and policies of reference companies and their direct competitors in Germany. It provides the academic analysis on hedge funds and private equity investments pertinent to policy makers and practitioners. It aims...
- Sideways trading raises questions. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/10/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 50, p3
The article focuses on the increase in the stock-market exposure of investments in the U.S. market. It mentions that the stock-market exposure reflects on various questions which include the prices of stocks in the market and the available opportunities in individual stocks. It notes that the...
- Where do we go from here? Down further. // In Search of the Perfect Investment;10/16/2014, p1
The article comments on recent developments related to investments in the U.S. It is stated that Fed Reserve has been printing and pumping money into the economy under the program Quantitative Easing. It is stated that stock prices on average have fallen 8 percent since reaching a high in...
- Downgrades Have Little Effect on Saks' Shares. Zaczkiewicz, Arthur // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/17/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 128, p4
Reports on the ratings downgrades given to department store retailer Saks Inc. in June 2005 after a hedge fund issued a default notice on one of its debt notes. Financial risks facing Saks; Price of Saks shares.