Greed Is Safer Than Power-Seeking
- Lawyer in tune with the 'Times.'. Blumner, Robyn // Masthead;Winter2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the similarity of the professional duties of lawyers and editorial writers. Advantages of editorial writers from lawyers who venture in editorial writing.
- Laurence W. Beilenson, R I P. // National Review;8/19/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p20
Pays tribute to author and lawyer Laurence W. Beilenson. Family background; Personal background; Career history; Educational background; Achievements; Legal practice.
- Thomas Corwin. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Q2 2016, p1
Corwin, Thomas, 1794â€“1865, American politician, b. Bourbon co., Ky. A lawyer, he was an Ohio legislator in the 1820s, a U.S. Representative (1831â€“40), and governor of Ohio (1840â€“42). In the U.S. Senate (1845â€“50) Corwin, a Whig, violently opposed the Mexican War. He...
- Augustus Hill Garland. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Q2 2016, p1
Garland, Augustus Hill, 1832â€“99, American lawyer and politician, b. Tipton co., Tenn. He became a prominent lawyer in Arkansas and during the Civil War served in the Confederate House of Representatives (1861â€“64) and Senate (1864â€“65). After the war, he was pardoned by...
- How Rats Differ From Politicians. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the significant differences between rats and politicians.
- This is no way to run a state. // Inside Tucson Business;1/11/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p20
The author reflects on the election year which enables the politicians to face tough decisions that might cost them a re-election victory.
- Entrepreneurship is alive and well. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p10
The author reflects on the stagnant condition of the entrepreneurial sector in Indiana in 2010 due to less business engagement and development.
- From the Editor. Perkins Jr., David L. // Business Owner;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
The author reflects on what the readers might learn from the journal "The Business Owner" as they ponder on the lessons and suggestions for owning and managing a business.
- Corridor needs to do more for area entrepreneurs. // Corridor Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p12
The author reflects on the entrepreneurial support in Cedar Rapids, Iowa mentioning the city's Entrepreneurial Development Center (EDC) which helps businesses.