Greed Is Safer Than Power-Seeking
- Lawyer in tune with the 'Times.'. Blumner, Robyn // Masthead;Winter2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the similarity of the professional duties of lawyers and editorial writers. Advantages of editorial writers from lawyers who venture in editorial writing.
- Laurence W. Beilenson, R I P. // National Review;8/19/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p20
Pays tribute to author and lawyer Laurence W. Beilenson. Family background; Personal background; Career history; Educational background; Achievements; Legal practice.
- Thomas Corwin. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Q2 2016, p1
Corwin, Thomas, 1794â€“1865, American politician, b. Bourbon co., Ky. A lawyer, he was an Ohio legislator in the 1820s, a U.S. Representative (1831â€“40), and governor of Ohio (1840â€“42). In the U.S. Senate (1845â€“50) Corwin, a Whig, violently opposed the Mexican War. He...
- Augustus Hill Garland. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Q2 2016, p1
Garland, Augustus Hill, 1832â€“99, American lawyer and politician, b. Tipton co., Tenn. He became a prominent lawyer in Arkansas and during the Civil War served in the Confederate House of Representatives (1861â€“64) and Senate (1864â€“65). After the war, he was pardoned by...
- How Rats Differ From Politicians. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the significant differences between rats and politicians.
- This is no way to run a state. // Inside Tucson Business;1/11/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p20
The author reflects on the election year which enables the politicians to face tough decisions that might cost them a re-election victory.
- From the Editor. Perkins Jr., David L. // Business Owner;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p2
The author reflects on what the readers might learn from the journal "The Business Owner" as they ponder on the lessons and suggestions for owning and managing a business.
- Corridor needs to do more for area entrepreneurs. // Corridor Business Journal;6/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p12
The author reflects on the entrepreneurial support in Cedar Rapids, Iowa mentioning the city's Entrepreneurial Development Center (EDC) which helps businesses.
- Support still needed, but entrepreneurs are succeeding. // Corridor Business Journal;5/9/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p14
The author reflects on the Fastest Growing Companies Awards to be given to the companies that have made an economic contribution in the Corridor, Iowa by creating jobs and wealth.