Do Bad Economic Ideas Ever Die?
- Inflationary Concerns Linger On GDP Growth. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Oct2007, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p1
The author reflects on the inflation concerns and its effects on the economic growth in India. The country's economy expanded by 9.3 percent in the first quarter of 2007 compared with 9.1 percent in the previous months. The increase has been implicated to the strong growth in manufacturing and...
- Tight Monetary Policy Will Suppress Growth. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the possibility that the economic growth of India will be offset by a tight monetary policy, supply-side constrictions, and a slowdown in global demand. The main concern is that the associated inflationary pressures will prevent Reserve Bank of India from carrying out...
- Korea: Exports stay firm. // OECD Observer;Dec2007/Jan2008, Issue 264/265, p51
The article presents an economic outlook for Korea from 2008 to 2009. There is a projection that an increase of domestic demand with the continued bouyant exports will keep the country's economic growth around 5%. Despite the appreciation of the won, strong demand from Asian countries is...
- Analysis of monetary and fiscal policy mix. Constantin, Ionuţ // Manager (University of Bucharest, Faculty of Business & Administ;Dec2010, Issue 12, p7
Economics are constantly hit by various shocks - that affect aggregate demand and aggregate supply and have the potential to generate recession or expansion, repective a high level of unemployment and high inflation rate. Governments use fiscal and monetary policies to try to stabilize the economy.
- MONETARY POLICY IN A CHANGING FINANCIAL ENVIRONMENT. // OECD Economic Outlook;Jun2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 1, p225
Discusses the various channels through which monetary policies affect economic activity and inflation. Effect of interest rates on demand for goods; Implication of changes in asset values; Rise in the size of financial markets; Sensitivity of prices to shifts in market expectations; Arguments...
- The growth effects of monetary policy. Chari, V.V.; Jones, Larry E. // Quarterly Review (02715287);Fall95, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p18
Discusses monetary policy and the role it plays in economic development. References to related studies; Relationship between inflation and the growth rate of the economy; What makes up monetary policy.
- Namibia's monetary policy committee left the rate unchanged at 6.0% in February. // African Business News;5/ 2/2013, p15
The article reports on the decision of the monetary policy committee of Namibia to maintain the inflation rate at six percent in February 2013 to address concerns on economic development in the country.
- Credibility and monetary policy in a model with growth. Muscatelli, V. Anton; Tirelli, Patrizio // Oxford Economic Papers;Oct98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p643
Presents information on monetary policy, examining the link between inflation and economic growth. Utilization of growth theory and literature on credibility and monetary policy design, in this research; Evalution of factors influencing inflation; Examination of the relationship between...
- Monetary developments and policy. // OECD Economic Surveys: Baltic States;Mar2000, p57
Discusses monetary policy and economic developments in the Baltic States in the 1990s. Details of the initial stages of monetary stabilization in the Baltic States; Impact of the introduction of new currencies; Implications of inflation trends; Factors which affected the process of monetization.