With New Venture Aptius Education, Darehshori Targets the Higher Ed Market
- Houghton Mifflin's CEO hopes to globalize his company's outlook. Sherman, S.; Reuter, M. // Publishers Weekly;7/12/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 30, p19
Presents an interview with Nader Darehshori, CEO of Houghton Mifflin. Changes in textbook publishing; Going international; Trade publishing as a literary cache; Textbooks vs. social problems; Additional comments from Darehshori.
- Cambium Learning Gains K-12 Foothold with Two Acquisitions. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
Heating up the merger and acquisition market in 2004, a new company founded by former Houghton Mifflin chairman, president and CEO Nader Darehshori this month acquired New York-based Metropolitan Teaching and Learning Co. and is expected shortly to complete the acquisition of Longmont,...
- Strategic Change and Organizational Reforms: Case of a Pakistani University. Malik, Sania Zahra // Journal of Research & Reflections in Education (JRRE);Jun2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p34
Change has become a wide-spread and rapid phenomenon in the present organizational context. Managers, therefore, need to understand the process of change and factors that are associated with its success and failure. Change, whether it is incremental or transformational, requires an organization...
- As Retirement Looms, Houghton Mifflin's Darehshori Reflects On Educational Publishing. // Educational Marketer;05/21/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p1
Provides information on various major changes in the educational publishing industry, according to Nader Darehshori, chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin.
- Houghton CEO To Leave At Years End. // Electronic Education Report;05/09/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
Reports the retirement of Nader Darehshori as chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Selection of candidates to replace Darehshori; Announcement of Darehshori's retirement; Growth in the educational technology line of the company.
- Darehshori Can't Stay Away and Is Shopping for an Education Property. // Educational Marketer;6/16/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p2
Reports on Nader Darehshori's plan to buy an education publishing company in the U.S.
- Houghton Mifflin Begins Search To Replace Retiring CEO Nader F. Darehshori. // Educational Marketer;05/07/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p7
Reports that the Compensation and Nominating Committee of Houghton Mifflin has begun the search for a replacement for chief executive officer Nader F. Darehshori, who will retire in 2002.
- GestiÃ³n estratÃ©gica vs. AnÃ¡lisis estratÃ©gico. Una discusiÃ³n conceptual a partir del estudio de caso de una instituciÃ³n de educaciÃ³n superior. Morales, Gerardo Romo; de León, Erik Márquez // Pensamiento & GestiÃ³n;ene-jun2014, Issue 36, p265
In this paper, we propose the review of a College as a case study that allow us to present an analysis that relates critically the categories of strategic management and strategic analysis. For the first category, it is assumed at the outset that this is a prospective view that attempts to...
- Strategic developments in higher education. Smith, Phillip // Studies in the Education of Adults;Apr90, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p94
Assesses the use of strategic planning and managerial efficiency in higher education. What theory can be used to study educational administration; Debates of management theorists; Traditional marketing theories; Results of a survey of 53 higher education institutions in England.