A fiscal nor'easter?
- Changing the Index. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2006, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p26
The article reports on the possibility of proposing changes to the way the Medicare wage index is calculated by the U.S. Medicare Payment Advisory Commission in the U.S. in 2007. The panel, which advises the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and Congress on Medicare policy issues,...
- the coming storm Medicare wage index overhaul signals changes for hospitals. Roth, Jessica M.; Zimmerman, Eric // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p34
No abstract available.
- MedPAC Wants Rebasing Cuts Right Away. // Eli's Rehab Report;Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, pp30
The article reports on the impact of Medicare Payment Advisory Commission's (MedPAC) recommendations of payment system rebasing cuts in the U.S.
- MedPAC's proposals. // AHA News;1/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p14
Comments on the decision of the United States (U.S.) Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) to improve Medicare payments to hospitals. Recommendation of the MedPAC; Problem of U.S. hospitals.
- Margins don't tell whole story, AHA tells MedPAC. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;12/14/98, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p1
Announces the plan of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) to release hospitals' 1996 aggregate margins in December 1998. Expected aggregate total margin for hospitals in 1996; Comments from Carmela Coyle, American Hospitals Association (AHA) senior vice president for advocacy and...
- Hospitals' outlook improving. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;05/14/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the 2000 profit margin growth posted by hospitals, according to a report of the United States Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. Percentage of expenses per case; Information omitted by the memo; Update on Medicare payment increases.
- Funding, tempered by deficit spending. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;1/21/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the recommendation won by hospitals for a full inflation inpatient update for rural and small-city hospitals in the United States. Warnings made by congressional officials about deficit spendings; Support on the recommendation by the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission; Views of the...
- Sharing in caring. Lubell, Jennifer // Modern Healthcare;4/13/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p18
The article focuses on the decision of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission to examine dual-decisionmaking concept about health provider-patient relationship. The concept was established due to concerns of health providers over how they would get paid and budget their time under an emerging...
- Medicare biz is moneymaking? Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;12/17/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p13
Deals with the projection of the Medicare Payment Advisory Committee to the earnings of hospitals from Medicare in the United States for 2002 and 2003. Comparison of the projections with that of the results in 1999; Response of the American Hospital Association to the projections.