Differencies in Morphologic Characteristics Between Top Level Gymnasts of Year 1933 and 2000
- VISINA, TEÅ½INA I DOB VRHUNSKIH GIMNASTIÄŒARA 2007. I 2011. GODINE. Možnik, Marijo; Hraski, Željko; Hraski, Marijana // Croatian Sports Medicine Journal / Hrvatski sportskomediciniski ;2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
Artistic gymnastics is a highly demanding sport that requires a high level of gymnast's physical efficiency. However, as in other sports, one of the limiting factors in achieving the top-level results is also the athlete's body height and body weight, while for planning sport form very important...
- gymnastics. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p995
A definition of the term "gymnastics," which refers to systematic body exercise, as well as definitions for the terms "ocular gymnastics" and "Swedish gymnastics," is presented.
- Fitness fusion Cardiolates. // NW;5/23/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p59
The article presents information related to cardiolate exercises.
- A CASE STUDY OF THE BODY WEIGHT MANAGEMENT OF AN ELITE GYMNAST DURING THE PREPARING PERIOD FOR 2012 OLYMAPIC. CHEN, Haitao; LIU, Shu; WANG, Mei.; HUANG, Yubin; CUI, Shuqing; ZHOU, Weiai // Science of Gymnastics Journal;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p79
On the very first Science of Gymnastics JournalÂ® in 2009, the authors have reported a successful weight-loss program in China National Gymnastics Team for preparing for 2008 Olympic Game, ever for an elite female gymnastic athlete (Chen, H., 2009). So far as we know, to reduce body weight...
- HEALTH-SAVING FOCUS OF GYMNASTS' TRAINING AT THE ELEMENTARY STAGE WITH APPLICATION OF PSYCHOPHYSICAL TRAINING MEANS. Mavlitovich, Shakamalov Gennady // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2014, Issue 4, p1
The article discusses the use of psychophysical training means in the context of the health-saving focus of gymnasts' training at the primary stage. The author considers the urgency of the problem due to the insufficient development of the psychophysical training techniques. The psychophysical...
- Gymnastics. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p204
Offers a variety of information about gymnastics. Origins of the sport; Men's and women's events; How gymnastic routines are judged in competitions; Events comprising the All-Around championship at the Olympic Games; Olympic gymnastics highlights.
- Gymnastics. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p202
Presents information on gymnastics. Background of the sport in ancient and modern times; Gymnastic events for women; Gymnastic events for men; The ways in which gymnasts are judged in competition; Profile of United States Olympic gymnast Kerri Strug, and the courage she showed in competition at...
- Getting ready for gymnastics. // Current Health 1;Nov89, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p16
Discusses the preparatory steps for becoming a gymnast including the development of core skills and physical qualities.
- We're all in this together. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/2/93, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p2A
Announces USA Gymnastics holding of the `Event Bid City Seminar' at Indiana. Seminar designed to help local organizing committees to capture and host gymnastic events; Duration of seminar.