Vehix to Downplay Its Dot-Com Roots
- Let the audience decide before taking the plunge. Gorrie, Damon // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;6/14/2002, p9
Comments on the utilization of the wireless messaging technology in marketing. Increase of Internet traffic and branding; Features of ' third-generation wireless messaging; Establishment of interoperability functionality; Increase of electronic-commerce sales.
- E-commerce regulations 'may kill SMS marketing' Rubach, Emma // Precision Marketing;3/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the possible impact of the draft regulations on electronic commerce in Great Britain on the marketing of short messaging system in the country according to DMA. Effect of the draft regulation on electronic mail marketers; Actions that will be taken by DMA against the draft...
- TRENDS. Adegoke, Yinka // New Media Age;1/29/2004, p14
Presents several news in the Internet industry as of January 2004. Failure of financial services companies to monitor employees' use of email, the Internet and other electronic communication; Result of a research by mobile messaging company Freever on the mobile phone habit of mobile-owning...
- Provider Websites, Mobile Offerings Coming Up Short. Slabodkin, Greg // Healthdatamanagement.com;8/6/2015, p1
A global survey of more than 1,000 online users in the healthcare market finds that while many providers use the web to better serve patients, there is plenty of room for improvement.
- BuyReply Enables Buying By Email Or Text Message. // ISO & Agent Weekly;6/27/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p13
The article reports on the sales strategy of BuyReply which allow consumers to purchase merchandise from television and magazine advertisements by sending an email or a text message.
- DIAL-A-DISCOUNT. Stern, Linda // Newsweek;10/8/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 15, p71
The article reports on an innovation in the cell phone industry, which is the sending of discount coupons to your phone. Companies such as Cellfire, text2store and Ping-Rewards send coupons as text messages when you visit their websites. Consumers can also use these discount codes for online...
- Text message advertising: Response rates and branding effects. Rettie, Ruth; Grandcolas, Ursula; Deakins, Bethan // Journal of Targeting, Measurement & Analysis for Marketing;Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p304
The development of Internet-based mobile electronic commerce (mcommerce) has been slow, but commercial applications for text messages have developed rapidly. This paper explores the role of SMS or text message advertising. Although SMS advertising is strictly a form of telemarketing, it shares...
- IN BRIEF. // New Media Age;4/14/2005, p9
Presents briefs on research studies on mass media in Great Britain as of April 2005. Average increase of online sales in the mail order and niche retail sectors; Annual number of text messages sent by young people in Great Britain; Percentage of digital music download purchases made by women.
- Amazon launches text-to-buy. // RCR Wireless News;4/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p9
The article announces the launch of a new service called Amazon TextBuyIt from Amazon.com. The service allows users to text an item search term to AMAZON. In response, they receive a numbered list of search results for the item, including prices, and can reply with a number selected from the...