PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p24
Presents news briefs on the personnel changes and conventions by several broadcasting companies in the U.S. in 2004. Appointment of Gary Testa as vice president of worldwide sales at Aurora Networks; Information on Connections 2004: The Digital Home Conference & Showcase by the Consumer...
- BBC plans bold move into an evolving digital world. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/25/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 19, p37
The article presents information on the reorganization plans unveiled by British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) director general Mark Thompson. The future-focused restructuring aims to integrate multiplatform commissioning and production into the core of BBC decision-making. The company is trying to...
- Altitude Streams Into 2015 With New Chief. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p30
The article announces the appointment of Ben Boylan as president at Altitude Sports & Entertainment Network.
- DOUG COMBS. // Communications Technology;Nov2008 Communications Executive, p19
An interview with Doug Combs, vice president for network architecture and field services of Aurora Networks Inc., is presented. Combs states that the cable industry is moving forward through its high technological setups that continues to meet bandwidth growth. He mentions that coax deployment...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;6/26/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p46
Presents an update on issues related to cable broadcasting. Promotion of Yuval Schwartz at Aurora Networks; Appointment of John Trierweiler at Cablevision Systems Corp.; Information on cable and telecommunications conventions and trade shows.
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/2/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 22, p36
Presents information related to promotions and appointments in the broadcasting industry of the U.S., as of June 2, 2003. Promotion of Rosemary Roach, director of community relations to the position of director, public affairs at the television network KPIX-TV/KBHK-TV San Francisco, California;...
- Altitude's Big Catch: Half of WFN. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
The article offers information on the acquisition deal of Altidute Sports and Entertainment and Insight Sports, which indicates 50% interest in World Fishing Network (WFN).
- Open Technology For Digital Broadcasting. Chao, Clint // Satellite Communications;Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on the impact of digital communication technologies on broadcasting. Advantages of data broadcasting or datacasting; Shortfalls of the use of encrypted conditional access system (CAS) implementations; Features of the DVB-Simulcrypt standard used to address CAS problems.
- Digital delusions. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p6
Comments on digital transmission in the United States broadcasting industry. Trends in digital transmission; Comments from Steve Mallory, president of PacSat; Digital use in the industry.