Casting Redstones in Flap
- Viacom tries out a new heir style. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;5/30/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 2, p4
Forecasts on the role of Shari Redstone, daughter of Viacom CEO Sumner Redstone, in the media company when Sumner retires. Information on the personality of Shari; Media executives to which the position of chairmanship of the company is predicted to pass; Position title fitted for her profile.
- Redstone: Plan for succession in 'near future'. Bennett, Ray; Taylor, Joel // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/25/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 2, p52
Despite continued rumors to the contrary, Viacom Inc. chief Sumner Redstone insisted that he has no strategic disagreements with president and chief operating officer Mel Karmazin and that the company is not planning any major acquisitions. Answering questions at Viacom's annual shareholder...
- The games moguls play. Fritz, Ben // Variety;10/20/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 10, p3
The article discusses the family rivalry created when entertainment mogul Sumner Redstone took over the firm Midway Games Inc. in 2005. Sumner's daughter Shari Redstone, executive of National Amusements Inc. (NAI), complained about the money Midway was losing. In October 2008, NAI sold millions...
- Survivor Sumner: alive & unplugged. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;05/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p15
Profiles Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom in the United States. Career history; Assets acquired by Redstone; Details about the book 'A Passion to Win'.
- Redstone's Reign Still Supreme. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;10/18/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p10
Announces the decision of Viacom CEO Sumner Redstone to vote Republican in the November 2004 elections in the U.S.
- Sumner Redstone. Fussman, Cal // Esquire;Jan2003, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p64
Interviews Sumner Redstone, chief executive officer of Viacom Inc. about his personal life and his career. Lessons learned on success; Reflections on a fire incident; Views on executive compensation.
- Viacom cools jets on pacts. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;5/20/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 33, p1
Reports that television firm Viacom Inc. chairman and chief executive officer Sumner Redstone denies the news that he and Mel Karmazin have conflicts in the United States. Annual shareholders' meeting; Plans of the firm's governance committee to discuss succession and its weak stocks; Cash flow...
- Viacom: Redstone's Remarkable Ride to the Top. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;4/26/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p130
Profiles Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom. Problems that the company has faced in terms of Blockbuster Video; Redstone's career highlights; How Viacom executives felt when Redstone was first hired; Financial statistics regarding the company; Comments. INSET:...
- A Media Mogul Who Would Love To Be No. 1. Fonda, Daren // Time;12/1/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p74
Discusses Mel Karmazin, president and Chief Operations Officer of Viacom as a possible successor to Viacom CEO, Sumner Redstone. Karmazin's past successes; Viacom's economic health; Karmazin's relationship with Redstone.