Casting Redstones in Flap
- Viacom tries out a new heir style. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;5/30/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 2, p4
Forecasts on the role of Shari Redstone, daughter of Viacom CEO Sumner Redstone, in the media company when Sumner retires. Information on the personality of Shari; Media executives to which the position of chairmanship of the company is predicted to pass; Position title fitted for her profile.
- Redstone: Plan for succession in 'near future'. Bennett, Ray; Taylor, Joel // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/25/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 2, p52
Despite continued rumors to the contrary, Viacom Inc. chief Sumner Redstone insisted that he has no strategic disagreements with president and chief operating officer Mel Karmazin and that the company is not planning any major acquisitions. Answering questions at Viacom's annual shareholder...
- The games moguls play. Fritz, Ben // Variety;10/20/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 10, p3
The article discusses the family rivalry created when entertainment mogul Sumner Redstone took over the firm Midway Games Inc. in 2005. Sumner's daughter Shari Redstone, executive of National Amusements Inc. (NAI), complained about the money Midway was losing. In October 2008, NAI sold millions...
- Viacom: Redstone's Remarkable Ride to the Top. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;4/26/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p130
Profiles Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom. Problems that the company has faced in terms of Blockbuster Video; Redstone's career highlights; How Viacom executives felt when Redstone was first hired; Financial statistics regarding the company; Comments. INSET:...
- A Media Mogul Who Would Love To Be No. 1. Fonda, Daren // Time;12/1/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p74
Discusses Mel Karmazin, president and Chief Operations Officer of Viacom as a possible successor to Viacom CEO, Sumner Redstone. Karmazin's past successes; Viacom's economic health; Karmazin's relationship with Redstone.
- Cannes 2002 awards Redstone and Swatch. Cowen, Matthew // Campaign (UK);6/7/2002, Issue 22, p2
Reports the award received by Viacom Inc. chief executive Sumner Redstone in Great Britain. Performance of the company with its competitors in the market; Impact of a communications bill on the prospects for Viacom's expansion in the broadcasting sector; Criticism on the relationship of...
- Redstone remains mum on capable successor. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;6/22/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the silence of Viacom Inc. chief executive, Sumner Redstone on the candidates to succeed him in his position. Details of Redstone's ownership stake at the company; Comparison of possible candidates.
- Survivor Sumner: alive & unplugged. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;05/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p15
Profiles Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of Viacom in the United States. Career history; Assets acquired by Redstone; Details about the book 'A Passion to Win'.
- VIACOM IN RADIO DAZE. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/25/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that Viacom Inc. posted an $18.4 billion loss last quarter after a taking an $18 billion charge to write down the value of its ailing radio and outdoor advertising business. During a conference call, Sumner Redstone, chairman and chief executive officer of the company...