Discovery Deal Still Expected
- CABLE CLEANUP. DEMPSEY, JOHN; HAYES, DADE // Daily Variety;6/5/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 43, p1
The article reports on the plans of Liberty Media Corp. and Advance/Newhouse Communications Inc. to clear the ownership issue over Discovery Holding Co. in the U.S. The effort is a response to Wall Street's request for transparency and to make it easier for them to do deals. With this, the two...
- Is Cox Going To Sell Its Stake in Discovery? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p13
Analyzes whether Cox Enterprises Inc. will sell its stake at cable company Discovery Communications in the U.S. in 2004. Background on the acquisition of Discovery by Cox; Interest of Liberty Media and Advance/Newhouse, investors of Discovery, in Discovery Channel; Background on the long-term...
- DISCOVERY FLIES SOLO. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/22/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 14, p5
The article reports that Liberty Media Corp. has completed the divestment of its 50 percent stake in Discovery Communications Inc. into independent and publicly traded Discovery Holding Co. Cable operator Cox Communications Inc. and Advance/Newhouse Communications Inc. own the remaining 50...
- A 'MEXICAN STANDOFF? Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p20
The article focuses on the difficulties associated with the appointment of a successor to Discovery Communications Inc. CEO Judith McHale. The approval of Liberty Media Corp. owned by John Malone, Cox Communications and Advance/Newhouse Communications is needed in the appointment. The success of...
- Liberty Builds DirecTV Stake. J. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/10/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p2
The article Liberty Media Corp. acquires stakes in cable distributor DirecTV. Liberty acquired a 34% stake in DirecTV in exchange for its 19% stake in News Corp. An industry expert stated that Liberty can opt for the sale of DirecTV as soon as it has more than 50% of the shares in the cable...
- A/N, Liberty May Swap Terms on Discovery. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on Liberty Media's plan to acquire Advance/Newhouse Communications' 33 percent stake in Discovery Holding. According to Pali Capital's Rich Greenfield, a discussion with Liberty Chief Executive Officer John Malone outside Liberty Media's analyst meeting revealed that "terms...
- Telewest shares dive on talk of debt rethink. Sastri, Sumi // Utility Week;3/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the rumor that stakeholder Liberty Media was pushing for the renegotiation of the debts of Telewest. Percentage of Telewest stocks held by Liberty Media; Plans of Liberty Media merging Telewest with its rival company NTL; Analysis of consultant company ARC on the merger.
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p1
Offers news briefs related to the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Plan by Discovery Networks Inc. to offer TV programming content to iTunes users; Acquisition of IDT Entertainment Co. by Liberty Media Corp.
- Telewest considering bond bid from Liberty. Sastri, Sumi // Utility Week;06/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Speculates on the plan of cable operator Telewest to purchase securities share at Liberty Media. Financial background of Telewest and Liberty Media; Criticism facing the board members of Telewest.