Charter Links With Yellow Book
- Viewpoint. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p83
Opinion. Comments on the inefficiency in directory assistance in the United States.
- Crowded market. // Marketing Management;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
This article reports on findings published by comScore Inc. which indicted that Yahoo! is still the market leader in Internet Yellow Page searches. The report also indicated that there are competitors positioning themselves behind Yahoo!, the main threats coming from Yellow Book Network and...
- Collaboration Eases Crunch Time for Yellow Book. // Logistics Today;Sep2006, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the collaborative partnerships between carriers in the U.S. and Yellow Book USA Inc., a phone book publisher in the country. According to Nick Klinkhammer, area vice president for distribution, if the company delivers the book to the users as quickly as possible, the...
- An Anticipated Wreck. Levey, Richard H. // Direct;10/1/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p113
The author reflects on the response of direct marketers on the National Do Not Call Registry. He states that the first telephone numbers registered on the do-not-call list a five-year limit with a required re-registration. He adds direct marketers will have the chance to alert consumers about...
- Duplicative Databases: Yellow Pages from infoUSA. Notess, Greg R. // Database;Feb/Mar99, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p73
Focuses on the dominance of infoUSA, a Web search engine company, in the business phone directory information sector in the United States. Background information on the company; Causes of the discrepancies among the various sources for free Web access of the infoUSA databases; Alternative...
- White pages to tie in. Wirthman, Lisa // PC Week;08/18/97, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Announces Four11 Corp.'s software Pocket Four11, a version of its white-pages directory that can plug into an E-mail program for quick and easy searches. The number of white-page listings included in the version; Features; Product to be available for download from the company's World Wide Web...
- Web-Based Telephone Directories: www.infospace com. Batson, Don // Arkansas Libraries;Oct2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p12
Provides information on the Web-based telephone directory site, infospace.com. Links under the Find a Business search area; Tips on searching for international numbers; Features of the site.
- Telephone Directories. // USA: San Francisco Career Guide;2011, p48
The article reviews several telephone directories web sites including one located at http://www.anywho.com, one located at http://www.hellosanfrancisco.com, and one located at http://yp.com/san-francisco-ca.
- Alex Algard. Fried, John // Inc.;Jan2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p68
The article features Alex Algard, founder of the online telephone directory WhitePages.com. During the mid-1990s, he decided to quit his job as an investment banker to establish the Internet company. The company generated an advertising revenue of $18 million in 2004. In 1999, Algard partnered...