Cable Hits Summer Highs
- Cable Sees Syndication Riches. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;9/3/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 35, p12
The article reports that the ratings success of cable television networks' original prime-time television programs in the summer of 2007 has led the networks to expect profitable returns when selling those programs in syndication to local television stations. Programs such as "The Closer,"...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;7/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 129, p2
Reports on the ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Top five cable television networks in the country; Household rating of Disney and ESPN; Rating of the TNT television program "The Closer."
- DANDY DEBUTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the rating of the television shows of Court TV in the U.S. Investigation of crimes; Percentage of the rating for the premiere series; Improvement of the cable show.
- Cable Ratings Sagged in August, But Lifetime Soared. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p5
Reports the business status of the cable networks as of August 2001 in the U.S. Effect of the negative ratings on the station's programming; Increase on the rating of the prime time programs; Impact of prime time programs on households.
- Cable gains viewers. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p8
Reports increase in the viewership and ratings of cable televisions in the United States. Percentage increase in viewership and ratings of the TV program 'Survivor' of CBS; Performance of TBS Superstation in terms of prime time rating; TV rating of 'Sunday Night NFL' of ESPN; Viewership on the...
- People's Choice 50 top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/21/97, Vol. 127 Issue 30, p90
Presents a list of the top 50 basic cable programs in the United States for the week ended July 13, 1997 as compiled by the Nielsen Media Research and Turner Research.
- CABLE'S TOP 25 PEOPLE'S CHOICE. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/26/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 27, p47
Presents charts depicting the top cable programs for the week of June 12 to 18, 2000 in the United States. List of the top programs; Schedule of airtime; Data on cable rating and coverage area rating within the cable network's range; Information on the US rating based on the television...
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p59
Presents a chart depicting the top 15 basic cable programs in the United States for the week of February 5 to 11, 1996. Includes program; Network; Time; Rating.
- Cable viewership rides a high tide. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p3
Focuses on an increase in basic cable television viewership in prime time in the United States, for the quarter ended June 27, 1999. Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's analysis of Nielsen Media Research statistics; Professional wrestling's domination of cable television.