JUST THE FACTS
- The Top 20 DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;May2004, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p16
Lists the top 20 direct TV national cable rankings in both short and long formats in the United Sates as of May 2004. "Cross Bow"; "Sharper Image"; "Slim in 6"; "Propolene"; "Leptoprin": "Smoke Away".
- Let's Get Digital. Larson, Megan // Adweek New England Edition;9/24/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 39, pSR24
Reports on digital cable services offered by cable television networks. Increase in the total number of cable subscriptions; Discussion on the bundling of services of cable networks; Increase in cable advertisement spending in 2001.
- Let's Get Digital. Arson, Megan L. // Adweek Southeast Edition;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, pSR24
Forecasts the performance of the cable television industry in the United States in 2002. Expected increase in the number of cable subscriptions in 2002; Other services offered by cable television; Growth rate of the advertising spending for cable; Information on the programming of several cable...
- SET Spots PPV-Revenue Decline at Halftime. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;07/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p46
Presents pay-per-view (PPV) event statistics in the United States in the first half of 2000. Drop in revenue compared with same period of 1999; Revenue generated by each event category; Events planned by TVKO and SET PPV before the end of the year.
- Ads must be able to pass Kiam test. Mitchell, Alan, // Marketing Week;11/6/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p26
Discusses the need for companies to develop advertising that attracts the more critical consumers of pay-per-view and subscription-based programming in Great Britain. Emergence of a critical consumer disposition towards advertising in pay television; Suggested offer of pay-per-view advertising;...
- Holding the Mirror up to TV Everywhere. Levy, Tara Walpert // Response;Jun2010, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p42
The article presents the author's view on the television (TV) Everywhere, the new cable approach to multi-platform video by Time Warner Cable Inc. The initiative would allow existing cable TV/Internet subscribers to watch their favorite shows online through a cable company, Web site and phones....
- Small-Screen Dream. Gordon, Kim T. // Entrepreneur;Jan2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p77
The article presents suggestions for using cable television for advertising. Entrepreneurs are reaching out to their target audience with television advertising on cable networks. Businesses should create a simple target audience profile starting with basic demographics. Start by contacting the...
- No Live TV? No Problem. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;3/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p2
The article offers information on research conducted by Nielsen Co. that describes the increment in the number of households in U.S. which does not have any television connection. It mentions that 5 million of the U.S. Household does not have any kind of television connection including cable...
- Bend Cable Hits High-Speed Milepost. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p44
Bend Cable may be the only cable system owner in the U.S. who is at number 72, but it ranks higher on the charts relative to high-speed Internet access. Boosted by strong word-of-mouth advertising and television spots, Bend, which serves five cities in central Oregon, has signed up one of every...