Networks, Cable Operators Tout Relationship Efforts
- More Shows For 'Swim' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p74
Reports on the decision of cable channel Cartoon Network to shift its programming for the AdultSwim block in the U.S. Target market; Reason behind the decision of the cable network; Features of several television programs included in the block.
- The multicultural bandwagon is leaving the station--and it waits for no one. Ostrow, Joe // Cable World (10427228);10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p34
Focuses on the development of the multicultural markets and its significance to the television industry. Importance of multicultural markets to marketers; Discussion of the increase in the number of programs on nonethnic networks that have an ethnic orientation; Information on the local-level...
- Accenting Success. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p20A
Reports on the marketing efforts of the cable television network HBO as of November 2002. Promotional campaign for miniseries 'Band of Brothers,' to be telecast on HBO; Comments of Eric Kessler, executive vice president of marketing, on the various campaigns run by HBO; Money spent by HBO on...
- FAMILY TIME. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;12/12/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 24, p14
The article comments on trends pertaining to indecency in cable television programming in the United States citing the emergence of family-tier programming packages from providers and programming developers. Competitive mobile virtual network operators are apparently targeting every possible...
- Renamed Channel Aims at 'AZN' Appeal. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the decision of cable operator International Channel to begin programming toward Asian Americans as part of its rebranding strategy. Socio-economic background of the target market of the network; Reason behind the plans of the network to offer pay television; List of television...
- Databases Are Key. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p21
Focuses on the importance of customer databases in the field of cable business. Reasons for which databases are important for facilitating target marketing; Benefits of central database; Opinion of vice president Tony Maldonado of Cox Communications on the necessity of databases.
- CABLEVISION VISION. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/22/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 33, p8
Reports on the offer of cable company Cablevision for Universal Studios and Universal Music. Terms of the proposed deal; Share price of Cablevision; Impact of the offer on the company's plan to sell its cable system to Time Warner Cable.
- DOLAN'S FOLLY? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p1
Examines the controversy with regard to Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Charles Dolan's plans to start a direct-broadcast satellite service called Rainbow DBS. Cost of Cablevision's satellite; Speculation regarding the satellite; Proposed date for providing commercial services using the...
- Cablevision Adds Latino Tier in N.Y. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p35
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. has deployed a Latino digital tier to New York City metropolitan area households. Number of Spanish-languages network started by the company; Monthly rent of the network; Types of programs available on the network.