Rainbow's Carroll: Content Is Key
- Dore, Greenberg Fill Rainbow Gaps. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the appointment of Kathleen Dore as entertainment service president and Andrea Greenberg as distribution president of cable television company Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. Reason behind dismissal of AMC Networks executives; Career profile of Greenberg; Justification for appointment of...
- WALLS OF CONFUSION. Arlen, Gary // CED;Mar2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
The article expounds on the need for cable systems to embrace Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology. As most DRM solutions are software-based, they whet hackers' thirst for purloined content. This is what makes DRM more challenging than Conditional Access hardware systems. Fueled by the...
- Broadband penetrates the badlands. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications;Apr/May2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p18
The article presents a corporate profile of telecommunication services provider SRT Telecom in Minot, North Dakota. It states that SRT Telecom is a carrier that offers diverse services including plain old telephone service (POTS), residential digital subscriber line (DSL) broadband, business...
- CABLE NEXT CRUSADE. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Mar2006, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that the U.S. cable industry is adding wireless service in addition to its video, voice and data to comprise the much coveted quadruple play. Industry insiders feel that it is a natural extension of the cable service bundle. Although in its infancy the integration of wireless...
- Verizon: Well Take Manhattan ... Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;4/21/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p3
The article underscores the plan of Verizon to set up its business in New York City. It states that Verizon jumped on a request for propositions which the city has issued for citywide cable TV coverage. Relative to this, Verizon and city officials said that they have been negotiating on the...
- Talkback. Ross, Bill; MacKinnon, Mike // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p32
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Is Dish's Ergen Sirius" in the February 16, 2009 issue and "Hate Speech on Cable" in the February 12, 2009 issue.
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p86
Reports on the cable programming company Rainbow Media Group. Value of company shares; Details on the financial status of the business enterprise; Impact of investments and acquisitions on the cash flow of the business.
- Cablevision looks local with MetroPack. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;5/06/96, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p38
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corporation's subsidiary Rainbow Programming Holdings is developing a local programming concept called MetroPack. Information on program's design; Comments from Rainbow president Josh Sapan; Type of channels MetroPack offers; Details on Rainbow's experiments...
- Rainbow in Canadian music deal. // Adweek Western Edition;5/30/94, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p9
Reports on Rainbow Programming Holdings' import of the Canadian music television service MuchMusic. Partnership with Chum Group Television; Number of subscribers expected to get the service by 1996.