Scratching Over Switch
- Watchdog to look at media bill. Kocinska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p5
Reports the discussion of a bill for digital terrestrial television by the National Television and Radio Council in Poland. Contents of the bill; Consideration of existing media law as anachronistic by press spokesman Joanna Stempien; Review on the media market by the bill.
- Help for rabbit-eared residents. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;12/1/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p36
The article reports that television viewers of New York City have been urged to upgrade their television sets to digital. The 600,000 city households that have only antenna-based reception will have to make a choice. They either have to buy new sets that have built-in digital tuners, subscribe...
- Regulatory Implications of the Adoption of Digital Television in Chile. Etcheverry, Sergio Godoy // Communication Research Trends;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p25
The article presents a study which examines the regulatory implications of the adoption of digital terrestrial television (DTTV) in Chile. It notes the move of the Congress to pass a presidential reform law to regulate television in the country following the adoption of Japanese Integrated...
- France begins digital divvy as some cry foul. James, Alison // Daily Variety;03/22/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 14, p8
Reports on developments related to digital television in France as of March 22, 2000. French parliament's consideration of a proposed legislation to allocate the country's digital television channels.
- Panel Seeks Delay In HDTV Decision. Wingo, Walter S. // Design News;4/20/92, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p19
The article reports that rapid developments in the digital format have prompted an official plea that regulators take more time in deciding the form of high definition television delivery system in the U.S. An advisory committee to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) suggests delaying a...
- In 2009, TV Enters the Twilight Zone. Melendez, Elezar David // Newsweek;7/2/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p58
The article reports on the U.S. government law that will discontinue analog television frequencies. As of February 17, 2009 television transmitters will have to discontinue broadcasting via analog signals. The author states that all television frequencies will be required to be digital. People...
- New hearings on digital. // Electronic Media;11/11/96, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p1
Reports the Federal Communications Commision may allow Congress to hold hearings if the computer industry and broadcasters do not compromise over a digital television standard. Comments from chairman of the Federal Communications Commission Reed Hundt; Further negotiation set for November 15,...
- On the Hill. // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p1
Reports on the passage of a digital television bill, followed by a vote of the U.S. House Commerce Committee on October 26, 2005. Provisions of the bill.
- With DTV Conversion, Devil's in the Details. Feira, Scott // Television Week;2/20/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p7
Comments on the legislation on digital television (DTV) transition in the U.S. Major challenges faced the new legislation; Information on a program created to educate consumers about the DTV transition; Extensiveness of consumer education on DTV transition in 2003.