Broadband Video on Operators' Minds
- Squaring off over Net neutrality. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the debate over broadband Internet neutrality in the United States. According to the article, there is a public relations war between telecommunication and Internet content companies over Internet neutrality and Qos fees. Telecommunications are complaining that Internet...
- Welcome to the 15th Annual EContent 100. CRAMER, THERESA // EContent;Dec2015, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p10
The article offers information on adding new judges and categories in the list of digital content industry to recognize digital marketing technologies and states that it added the Content Globalization & Localization category that help content providers cope in the global market.
- Parks Associates: Nearly 30% of U.S. broadband users watch video on their phone monthly. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;Mar2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the findings of the mobile industry research Parks Associates which showed that 29% of U.S. broadband users watch video on a mobile phone monthly.
- Cox Business builds out network to Navy sites in San Diego. // ATM/ Gigabit;Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
The article informs that Cox Communications has completed a buildout of 40 miles of its broadband networks to 165 Navy sites in San Diego County in California to bring its video and internet services to approximately 50,000 sailors stations in San Diego.
- Network Neutrality and Congestion Sensitive Content Providers: Implications for Content Variety, Broadband Investment, and Regulation. Krämer, Jan; Wiewiorra, Lukas // Information Systems Research;Dec2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1303
We study departures from network neutrality through implementing a quality of service tiering regime in which an Internet service provider charges for prioritization on a nondiscriminatory basis. We find that quality of service tiering may be more efficient in the short run because it better...
- WE'RE ALL TV STATIONS, NOW. Smith, Steve // Media Industry Newsletter;12/3/2007, Vol. 60 Issue 46, p4
The article reports on online video usage and its implications for content providers in 2007. According to the data, the percentage of 18-to-34-year-olds who regularly access various forms of video content has spiked radically in the first half of 2007. The author believes that just as content...
- The new face of Asian bandwidth. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Oct2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the growth of the broadband communication systems in Asia. According to the president of VSNL International company Vinod Kumar, the bandwidth carriers are becoming more stable but still not able to complete stability. He also emphasized that the cost of the companies...
- CNN.com's Pushing Out Free Video. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p3
Unveils the plan of Internet-content provider CNN.com to launch a broadband service that will include free video content, starting June 20, 2005. Features of the service; Topics to be covered in the video; Description of the company's Web site.
- Building Your Content Reuse Strategy. McClure, Marji // EContent;Sep2013, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p24
The article offers suggestions on how one can make the most of a particular content. It discusses the benefits of reusing content including saving a huge amount of money, doing more with less, and mobile publishing opportunities. Some of the tips include starting with a strategy, creating...