Cuban: The Internet Is Dead
- BACK. // Adweek;3/3/2014, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p25
A caption is presented to a 199 photograph of Internet industry executives Jeff Mallet and Tim Koogle of Yahoo! Inc and Internet industry financiers Mark Cuban and todd Wagner.
- Yahoo! eyes buyouts to bolster lead. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;03/29/99, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p9
Discloses the expansion plans of Internet search firm Yahoo! in the United States. Acquisition of multimedia aggregator Broadcast.com through stock swap; Target companies for acquisition.
- Yahoo! streams ahead. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on United States-based Internet media firm Yahoo! Corp.'s plan to acquire Broadcast.com. Increased demand for content and services on an expanding broadband spectrum; Proposal to integrate streaming video and audio features into all of its static text Internet services; Broadcast.com's...
- Yahoo! gets personal with broadcast services. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;04/12/99, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p10
Reports on Yahoo! Inc.'s plan to use Broadcast.com's infrastructure to provide services that will let individuals integrate audio and video into Yahoo! services. Early targets for the grassroots multimedia integration; Yahoo!'s pending acquisition of personal Web page publisher GeoCities;...
- On their marks. Bhattacharya, Aritra // Siliconindia;Mar2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the performance of the Internet industry in India. It is noted that one of the biggest multi-language portals offering content in four south Indian languages has failed to break even for the sixth consecutive year in 2006, however, its English portal has experienced robust...
- Mark Cuban. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;11/1/99, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p16
Focuses on an interview with Yahoo! co-founder Mark Cuban. Acquisition of Broadcast.com by Yahoo!; Television-quality broadcasts by Yahoo!; Views on Webcast competitions.
- .com together. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/06/99, Vol. 129 Issue 37, p70
Editorial. Comments on Internet company Yahoo's acquisition of broadcast.com. Details of the purchase agreement; Broadcasting industry's need to create its own Internet business venture.
- Bits. // Brandweek;04/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p38
Presents news briefs related to Internet companies in the United States in April 1999. Plans of Yahoo! to acquire Broadcast.com; Launching of GameTracker technology by Fox Sports Online; Equity financing received by Precision Entertainment.
- Yahoo! Eyeing Broadcast.com? Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;04/03/99, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p6
Discusses reports of a possible acquisition by Yahoo!, the Internet portal company, of the online audio and video company Broadcast.com. Reaction of Tim Koogle, chief executive of Yahoo!, to the published reports, and his statement that the company is seeking acquisitions; Reaction of the...