Ex-Banker Picked to Lead GSN
- Webster pleads no contest to FX wiretap charge. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/21/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 38, p8
This article reports that former FX employee Randolph Steve Webster pleaded no contest on Monday to one count of wiretapping for using the telephone to monitor weekly staff meetings among executives at FX, prosecutors said. Webster was vice president publicity at FX from 1999-July 2001. After...
- Thelander tapped exec VP at Universal. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;05/23/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 57, p17
Reports the appointment of Beverly Thelander as chief financial officer of Universal Television and Networks Group (UT&NG) in the United States. Responsibility of Thelander in finance operations; Company operation of UT&NG; Working background of Thelander.
- TRIO NET CIRCLES NEW LOOK, SETS SUMMER SPECS SKED. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;4/16/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 8, p4
Reports the rebranding of Universal Television's network Trio in Los Angeles, California. Description of the banner of the network; Popularity of arts television; Details on the programming schedule.
- TRIO'S VINTAGE VIEW. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;10/23/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the release of pop culture-friendly television programs by Universal Television's emerging network Trio. Highlight of the programming theme; Titles and stars of the new shows; Impact of the move on the audience share of Trio.
- Trio's West coast offense. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;2/26/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 38, p7
Reports on a series of on and off-air promotions of Universal Television's Trio in Los Angeles, California. Campaign methods; Sneak preview of the documentary `The Blockbuster Imperative'; Scheduled broadcasting of `Easy Riders, Raging Bulls' based on Peter Biskind's book on American filmmaking...
- Game over for GSN CEO. ADALIAM, JOSEF // Daily Variety;7/11/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 70, p5
The article reports on Rich Cronin's decision to step down as president and chief executive officer of GSN. Cronin plans to step down at the end of July 2007. GSN owners Sony Pictures TV and Liberty Media expect to make a hire by the end of the month. The article reports on rumors of...
- GSN's Cronin Gets Out of the Game. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the resignation of Rich Cronin as president and chief executive officer of GSN. Cronin started with the company in 2001. He signed a contract for five years and agreed to stay for another year in order to oversee his programming initiatives. One example is the debut of the...
- Mel's DINER. Grego, Melissa // Television Week;2/12/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p3
The article presents the author's experience in dining with Rich Cronin, president-Chief Executive Officer, GSN, at Chez Jay, Santa Monica, California. In his first five minutes, he had to get busy pushing the limits of the conversation. He started their dinner by busting an almost...
- Thailand finally gets `real' cable. Florance, Adam // Variety;11/27/95, Vol. 361 Issue 4, p56
Informs about the final start of the broadcasting of Thailand's first cable service as provided by TelecomAsia's Universal TV (UTV). Related details of the same; Other networks in competition with UTV.