GREAT CROCHET: SIMPLE TIPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN PART 2
- Module 6: Slip Stitch Square (multiple of 4 + 1). // Modular Mix;
The article offers step-by-step crochet instructions for knitting a square slip stitch.
- STITCH GUIDE. GUZMAN, KIM // Learn Double-Ended Tunisian;Jan2014, p35
The article offers step-by-step instructions for several stitching techniques including crochet color change, double crochet and slip stitch.
- Basic Knitting Instructions. // Love of Knitting;Special Occasions 2013, p92
The article discusses basic knitting instructions for different types of stitches. It presents standards and guidelines for crochet and knitting as well as categories of yarn, gauge ranges, and recommended needle and hook sizes. The definitions of several knitting and crochet abbreviations are...
- Cast On Options--Knitted-On and Picots. Whiteside, Beth // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The article explores cast on options for knitting. The knitted-on cast on is worked with two needles and is almost the same as knitting. It allows knitters to easily add stitches onto a row of existing stitches. Casting on extra stitches, then immediately binding them off is one way to add a...
- KNITTING CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p68
The article discusses knitting basics. It provides step-by-step instructions for cast on, cable cast on, knit, purl, bind-off, increase, invisible increase, decrease, slip, slip, knit, and slip, slip, purl. The basic stitches are garter stitch and stockinette stitch, among others. It presents...
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Jul2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p72
The article presents the crochet stitches used for the projects in the July 2008 issue of "Creative Knitting" magazine. It provides step-by-step instructions for making a single crochet, double crochet, half-double crochet, reverse single crochet, and slip stitch.
- CROCHET CLASS. // Creative Knitting;Mar2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p97
The article offers information for executing the crochet stitches used for the projects featured in the publication. The single crochet is initiated by inserting the hook in the second chain through the center of the V while the half double crochet involves bringing the yarn over the hook from...
- Crochet Questions. Thompson, Dawn // Crochet World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p20
The article presents several questions on crocheting. The steps to do bullion stitch are enumerated. There are several ways to do multiple stitches. The considerations in determining the type of worsted weight yarn are cited. Tips on working with skeins are also given. A suggestion to making bag...
- STITCH GUIDE. // Crochet World;Oct2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p46
The article offers crocheting and stitching guides.