Dexamethasone prevents visceral hyperalgesia but not colonic permeabilily increase induced by luminal protease-activated receptor-2 agonist in rats
- Prenatal Intestinal Obstruction Affects the Myenteric Plexus and Causes Functional Bowel Impairment in Fetal Rat Experimental Model of Intestinal Atresia Khen-Dunlop, Naziha; Sarnacki, Sabine; Victor, Anais; Grosos, Celine; Menard, Sandrine; Soret, Rodolphe; Goudin, Nicolas; Pousset, Maud; Sauvat, Frederique; Revillon, Yann; Cerf-Bensussan, Nadine; Neunlist, Michel // PLoS ONE;May2013, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
Background: Intestinal atresia is a rare congenital disorder with an incidence of 3/10 000 birth. About one-third of patients have severe intestinal dysfunction after surgical repair. We examined whether prenatal gastrointestinal obstruction might effect on the myenteric plexus and account for...
- Elevated expression of c-fos in central nervous system correlates with visceral hypersensitivity in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): a new target for IBS treatment. Ru Zhang; Ning Zou; Ji Li; Hong Lv; Jing Wei; Xiu-Cai Fang; Jia-Ming Qian // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p1035
Background and aims: Although visceral hypersensitivity is a major pathophysiological feature of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), its molecular mechanisms are still poorly understood. c-fos is a well-established marker of cell activation. Accumulating evidence demonstrates that norepinephrine...
- The "inside scoop" on irritable bowel syndrome. // South Asian Post;8/2/2012, p8
The article reports on the causes, symptoms, and preventive measures for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Collagen Receptor Integrins: Rising to the Challenge. Zutter, M. M.; McCall-Culbreath, K. D. // Current Drug Targets;Feb2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p139
Integrins are aï¿½ heterodimeric receptors that connect the extracellular environment with intracellular signaling events. Integrins are important for normal development and function, but are also involved in the pathogenesis of diseases including cancer, autoimmunity and heart disease. We...
- Host immune response determines visceral hyperalgesia in a rat model of post-inflammatory irritable bowel syndrome. Adam, Birgit; Tsopelas, Chris; Liebregts, Tobias; Bartholomeusz, F.; Holtmann, Gerald // Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p1119
Background: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is associated with visceral hyperalgesia and frequently occurs after a transient gastrointestinal infection. Only a proportion of patients with acute gastroenteritis develop post-infectious IBS suggesting differences in host response to inflammatory...
- NewsBites. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Mar2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p2
Presents updates on health and nutrition in the United States as of March 2001. Physical cause of irritable bowel syndrome; Study on how to reduce gastrointestinal discomfort from jet lag and shift work; Accuracy of checking nutrition status through hair analysis.
- Symptom Duration in Patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Lembo, Tony; Fullerton, Steven; Diehl, David; Raeen, Heidi; Munakata, Julie; Naliboff, Bruce; Mayer, Emeran A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May1996, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p898
Objectives: The etiology and natural history of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is poorly understood. We compared rectal sensory thresholds and compliance, SCL-90 scores, and follow-up questionnaires among normal controls, patients with longstanding (>5 y) disease (L-IBS), and patients with...
- Abordaje del paciente con diarrea crÃ³nica. Higuera-de la Tijera, María de Fátima; Alexanderson-Rosas, Elvira Graciela; Servín-Caamaño, Alfredo Israel // Medicina Interna de Mexico;nov/dic2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p583
No abstract available.
- Haplorchis taichui as a Possible Etiologic Agent of Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Like Symptoms. Watthanakulpanich, Dorn; Waikagul, Jitra; Maipanich, Wanna; Nuamtanong, Supaporn; Sanguankiat, Surapol; Pubampen, Somchit; Praevanit, Rangson; Mongkhonmu, Srisuchat; Nawa, Yukifumi // Korean Journal of Parasitology;Sep2010, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p225
No abstract available.