New Handsets Challenge Novices
- Not just 'brownie points' Grace, Mike // British Dental Journal;9/22/2001, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p285
Technology has a way of racing ahead regardless of whether people want to use it or not. The recent WAP mobile phones is an example of a technology not only ahead of its time, but possibly inappropriate for most of us, as so far WAP has failed to find a market. Computers and the internet...
- Use of WAP continues to rise, reaching 17m page impressions a day in February. // New Media Age;4/17/2003, p14
Reports on the increase in the level of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) usage in Great Britain in February 2003. Comparison of the total monthly page impressions in December 2002, January and February 2003; Popular services in WAP browsers; Implications of the increase in WAP usage for...
- ETSI, WAP Forum to cooperate on mobile Internet interoperability. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p3
Announces that the European Telecommunications Standards Institute and the Wireless Application Protocol forum have signed a cooperation agreement designed to drive interoperability of standards for wireless mobile Internet.
- Cracks in the WAP. Chan, Tony // America's Network;02/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the security problems faced by Wireless Applications Protocol (WAP)-based information and transaction services. Cellular technology encryption; Security solutions for WAP; Shortage of solutions for mobile commerce security.
- TRENDS. Adegoke, Yinka // New Media Age;6/10/2004, p12
This article presents updates on mobile technology as of June 2004. A survey by mobile technology firm Alatto Technologies found that 37% of consumers aged between 15 and 49 would subscribe to a ringback-tone service. Most interest was found in the 15-24 age range, with 68% willing to...
- Mobile industry advises banks to hold their nerve. Dudley, Domic // New Media Age;6/19/2003, p16
Contends that banks should keep an open mind about mobile services despite the disappointing performance of wireless application protocol (WAP) banking. Banks in Great Britain which have stopped their WAP services; Preference of bank customers to use the telephone rather than access the WAP...
- Customizing your World. Tausz, Andrew // CMA Management;Apr2001, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p48
Presents advances in wireless technology as of April 2001. Information on general packet radio service systems; Description of the mobile customer care services of Davinci Technologies; Objectives of Wireless Applications Protocol.
- Media News brief: ITV develops free mobile entertainment portal. // Marketing (00253650);9/14/2005, p16
The article reports that ITV Corp. has developed a free mobile entertainment portal, compatible with WAP-enabled phones, to boost customer revenue.
- Portal Protection. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;10/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p39
Describes the portal security models necessary for wireless third generation (3G) networks. Limitations of the security systems for wireless application protocols; Importance of 3G networks portal security on subscriber transactions; Role of 3G networks portal security on the development of...