Competition Revs Up In Trucking Industry
- 200 MILLION MOBILE HANDSETS FEATURE GPS BY QUALCOMM. // Modem Users News;Dec2006, p4
The article reports on mobile handsets shipped worldwide that feature Global Positioning System (GPS) technology by Qualcomm Inc. A total of more than 200 million handsets with Qualcomm's gpsOne assisted-GPS technology have been delivered worldwide, according to the company which is a developer...
- Next-generation satellite system. // Fleet Owner;Sep2005, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p82
Reports on the demonstration of the successor to Qualcomm Inc.'s OmniTRACS satellite communications system for fleet customers at a show in Atlanta, Georgia. Co-existence of OmniVision with OmniTRACS, the most widely used wireless onboard messaging system; OmniVision's provision of various...
- Talkin' 'bout next generation. Huff, Aaron // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2005, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p79
The article focuses on several innovative wireless products that can be considered by fleet managers for 2006. Qualcomm plans to launch the OmniVision satellite-based platform that can allow minute-by-minute vehicle position reports in the second half of 2006. The g3 platform of PeopleNet can...
- LEO network adds eight satellites. // Fleet Owner;Feb98, Vol. 93 Issue 2, pTC4
Reports on the successful launching of eight satellites in 1997, in relation to the expansion of two-way wireless data communications availibility over the ORBCOMM LEO (low Earth orbit) satellite network. Functions of the satellites; Information on the launching of other satellites in 1998;...
- Qualcomm makes e-mail available. Lockridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Dec96, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p62
Reports on Qualcomm's introduction of the CabCard Personal Communications electronic mail service for trucks equipped with the OmniTracs satellite communications and tracking system. Strategic partnership arrangement with Transcom; Offer of electronic mail via the OmniTracs mobile terminal,...
- Qualcomm Introduces Two Globalstar Products. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p49
Reports on the introduction of products for the Globalstar artificial satellite by Qualcomm Inc. Includes the GSP-1620 Satellite Packet Data Modem and a code division multiple access technology.
- Qualcomm Demonstrates Real-Time Airborne Video Conferencing. Goyer, Robert // Flying;Mar2002, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p44
Reports on the demonstration conducted by Qualcomm of a variety of airborne applications for its medium data satellite system during the 2001 National Business Aviation Association convention.
- stirring up developer opportunities. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on BREW, an application execution platform from Qualcomm Inc. that is designed to run at the firmware level on a wide variety of phones and other wireless devices. Services BREW offers; Factor that will determine the success or failure of BREW: Advantage of using BREW.
- QUALCOMM's iMSM solutions boost wireless data transmission speeds. // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the introduction of the iMSM wireless data communication systems by QUALCOMM Inc. Product line supporting the firm's High Data Rate (HDR) technology; Compliant of the products with dual-mode cellular and PCS band IS-95B specifications.