HAL Comes To Your Handset
- Two-Way SMS To Permeate United States. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p51
Reports the infiltration of the two-way short messaging services (SMS) by telecommunications companies in the United States. Launch of America OnLine electronic mail and messaging systems in the market; Inclusion of mobile SMS in CDMA phones; Access to the SMS service through wireless phones by...
- It Slices! It Dices! It Doesn't Do Either Very Well! Roach, Mary // Inc.;2001 Inc. Technology 1, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p26
Presents an article on using electronic communication devices that provide the combined services of personal digital assistant, cellular telephone and electronic mail access. Sprint PCS TP-3000 from CNET.com; VisorPhone modules from Handspring; BlackBerry RIM 957.
- Wireless E-Mail Options Abound For Pagers, Wireless Phones. Smith, Brad // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p38
Introduces wireless electronic mail (e-mails) access in the United States. Importance of wireless e-mails; Presentation of the high-speed wireless packet-data radiomodem by Metricom; Features of the wireless Research in Motion devices; Price information; Provision of Internet access services to...
- The end of plug & pray? Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;09/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p148
Illustrates the importance of Bluetooth, a global specification for wireless connectivity which will allow portable devices such as laptop computers to connect without cables. Features and capabilities of Bluetooth; Marketing of the product; Role of electronic mail in the future of wireless. ...
- E-mail on the move. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Deals with research on the use of and revenues from wireless e-mail in the U.S. in 2002. Estimates on the number of corporate subscribers in 2002; Information on carrier network solutions.
- Intelligent agents clamor to fit wireless model. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p4
Discusses the advantages provided by intelligent agent technology to messaging applications looking to provide meaningful content to wireless devices. Definition of agents; Amikanow!'s launching of a set of first-generation intelligent electronic mail content interpretation tools; Technology's...
- Neither Snow, nor Rain, nor Travel. Frank, Peter // Conde Nast Traveler;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on technological innovations that can enable people to receive their e-mail wherever they may be using wireless telephone service. Includes PocketMail's Back Flip system; MyTalk service; Motorola Page Writer 2000X two-way pager.
- Etrieve adds WAP solution to slate of services. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p34
Reports on Etrieve Inc.'s addition of a Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) solution to its wireless electronic mail service, allowing users to read their e-mail on any WAP-enabled mobile telephone.
- OmniSky service now on two new devices. // RCR Wireless News;3/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p36
Discloses OmniSky's plan to run its wireless service on two devices and enhance support for corporate e-mail.