- Subscribers Know The Score. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p27
Introduces the Play by Play Sports service from Web2PCS.com Inc., which provides sports information integrated in its digital devices. Features of the service; Why the information gets updated so often; Results of a survey on the interest of wireless subscribers on content services.
- Arch to expand data options. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p44
Reports on United States-based paging company Arch Communications' deal with content provider Datalink.net to offer information services for its subscribers. Features of the services.
- RCR's top 20 int'l paging markets. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p16
Lists the 20 largest international paging markets by country, ranked by the estimated number of subscribers in each country.
- Small paging operators excited about future. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p7
Cites the optimism of Southeastern Communications Association members about the prospect of small and regional paging operators in the United States.
- Is paging dead? Ford, Tracy // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p12
Comments on the poor performance of the paging industry in 1999 in the United States and in the international markets. Poor performance of paging stocks; Possible cessation of paging operations; Paging companies' efforts to keep paging service alive.
- Chatty pager. Brink, Susan; Chetwynd, Josh // U.S. News & World Report;10/2/95, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p85
Looks at Skytel's two-way text pager which uses a paging network to send and receive messages up to 95 words. Features; Cost; Contact point; Details on ReadyCom's new ReadyTalk, a two-way paging service that lets the user record and send brief voice messages.
- That dreaded `P' word. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul96, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the growing market for mobile communication systems. Expansion of the Global Systems for Mobile Communications customer base; Slow growth of paging systems; Calling party pay systems in Europe.
- Pushing knowledge to the enterprise. Bernhard, Frank // America's Network;05/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p47
Discusses several trends shaping the market for mobile paging systems. Development of the Flex protocol; Commodity pricing versus niche marketing; Benefits of mobile messaging to consumers and service providers; Paging industry revenue trends.
- Paging infrastructure: The agent, the manager, and the MIB. Ball, Michael // Mobile Radio Technology;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p74
Describes the infrastructure for radio paging technology. Voltage level signals and tone control; Modem control; Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP); Standards; Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) structure and adoption; Management information base (MIB); Proxy...