Americans Win In Canadian Auction
- Pieces Of The Puzzle. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Craig McCaw, a billionaire in the United States telecommunications industry, led an investor group in a bailout offer to Iridium LLC. Amount of the bailout offer; Benefits of the offer to Iridium.
- 50 leaders of the information age. Andrews, Suzanna; Burrough, Bryan // Vanity Fair;Oct95, Issue 422, p278
Profiles independent investor Craig McCaw. Corporate holdings; Career achievements; Personal background.
- Pioneer Nabs Achievement Award In Geneva. // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p3
Features the awarding of the Arthur Andersen Lifetime Achievement in Communications Award to Craig McCaw. Background on the awards; Companies founded by McCaw.
- McCaw drops out, at least for now. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/13/95, Vol. 228 Issue 11, p7
Reports on cellular industry mogul Craig McCaw's withdrawal from the US Federal Communications Commission's personal communication services (PCS) license auction. Exit of other companies from the auction; Speculations on McCaw's further involvement in PCS.
- Craig McCaw has taken over. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/15/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 24, p19
Reports that Craig McCaw has taken over as chief executive of Teledisc. His plans to remain as chairman as well.
- Executive decision. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;12/15/97, Vol. 233 Issue 24, p7
Discloses that Craig McCaw has named himself chief executive officer (CEO) of Teledesic Corp. Assistance to be provided by Steve Hooper as co-CEO of Teledesic; Factors contributing to the management changes.
- Is History Repeating Itself? Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p4
The article focuses on Clearwire, a company launched by Craig McCaw in 2003 to be marketed as a replacement for home Internet connections. It notes that Clearwire, backed by Intel and Motorola, has expanded its service area to Chico, California, Eau Claire, Wisconsin and 40 other U.S. markets....
- Helping hands. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/27/98, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p8
Reports on telecom magnate Craig McCaw's deal with Level 3 Communications for interconnection needs. Formation of an entity called Internext to coordinate the interconnection effort; Benefits of the deal for McCaw properties.
- Nextel saves face: McCaw is new partner. Lindstrom, Annie; O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;4/10/95, Vol. 228 Issue 15, p7
Reports on Craig McCaw's financial investment to Nextel Communications. Features of the agreement; Background on the negotiations leading to the agreement; Comment by Morgan O'Brien, chairman of Nextel.