Lucent Seals `McDeal' With Sun
- Lucent, Sun offer `ISP in a box'. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;06/15/98, Vol. 234 Issue 24, p13
Reports on Lucent Technologies and Sun Microsystems' bundling of networking products and services for Internet service providers, cable companies and other service providers. Combination of Lucent's Internet telephony, remote access and network management systems with Sun's Web server, e-mail...
- Lucent, Sun shake hands on unified messaging platform development. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p18
Reports on a joint development and marketing agreement that was announced by Lucent Technologies Inc. and Sun Microsystems Inc. in August 1998. Terms of the agreement, which will create a unified messaging platform converging voice mail and fax services on any devices or media of the user's...
- When two worlds collide. Miller // Telephony;12/06/99, Vol. 237 Issue 23, p12
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. and Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. has entered into a partnership agreement to launch a variety of systems, software, and solutions, aimed at speeding the emergence of electronic-business. Companies' plans of developing high-bandwidth, high-speed,...
- Lucent, Sun to build networks, e-business applications. McCarthy, Jack // InfoWorld;12/20/99, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p42B
Provides information on the agreement of Lucent Technologies Inc. and Sun Microsystems Inc. to build a series of Internet commerce applications. Cost of servers and other technology to be purchased by Lucent from Sun Microsystems; Terms under the agreement; Features of the applications.
- Lucent shines Sun on carriers. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;08/31/98, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p12
Reports on Lucent Technologies' integration of Sun Microsystems' Netra t 1120 telecommunications server into its 5ESS AnyMedia Switch. Integrated system's addition of computing power for non-call-processing functions; Ethernet interface; Carriers' retrieval or deployment of a software update;...
- Sun, Lucent team on advanced unified messaging solution. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on the partnership between Lucent Technologies and Sun Microsystems Computer to develop a unified telecommunication messaging system. Features of the system allowing subscribers to send, receive and manage all voice mail, e-mail and faxes; Comments from the companies' officials.
- Choices expand on B2B horizon. Rendleman, John; Gonsalves, Chris // PC Week;12/06/99, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on networking and server vendors that offer Internet-ready infrastructure for online order processing system and facilitate business-to-business electronic commerce. Includes Go Figure Technologies Inc.; Lucent Technologies Inc.; Sun Microsystems Inc.
- Sun, Lucent link hot platforms. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;04/07/97, Vol. 232 Issue 14, p8
Reports on Lucent Technologies' and Sun Microsystems' signing of agreements guaranteeing that applications written in Sun's Java programming language will work on all networks running Lucent's Inferno. Benefits to telecommunications providers; Comments from company executives.
- Putting talk into action. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;04/14/97, Vol. 232 Issue 15, p22
Focuses on the effort of Lucent Technologies Inc. and Sun Microsystems Inc. to interface the computer operating system Inferno with Java computer program language. Significance of the effort to both companies; Several obstacles overcame by the two companies in uniting Inferno and Java. INSET:...