- Ztango.com WAP Gateway Powers Iobox Commercial WAP Service. // Telephone IP News;Mar2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Reports that iobox online service has chosen the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) gateway of Ztango.com to commercially deploy WAP electronic mail and browsing services in Europe.
- Just Another Data Bearer? Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p52
Examines the potential of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-over-storage management subsystem (SMS) in telecommunication. Benefits of using WAP over SMS; Reason for implementing SMS as a WAP data bearer; Limitations of circuit-switched data.
- Still wild about WAP. Angus, Fiona; Dahdah, Howard // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services offered by telecommunication companies in Australia. Launch of the WAP-only version of dstore Web site; Details of the content and phone deals of Optus; Addition of services to the initial program of Optus.
- WAP on the attack. Goldman, Scott // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p104
Reports on the increase in the number of mobile device manufacturers who are implementing wireless application protocol (WAP) specifications and interoperability. Advantages of WAP; Compatibility of WAP with the existing digital data networking standards.
- WAP proponents face interoperability challenges as standard evolves. Bruno, Antony // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the introduction of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) at Telecom '999 in Geneva, Switzerland. Growth of WAP and WAP-related products; Interoperability challenges facing WAP proponents; Applications interest.
- WAP and latte. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p12
Predicts the future of Wireless Application Protocol technology within the telecommunication industry.
- Nokia unveils European WAP directory gateway. // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p59
Reports that telecommunication companies Nokia Telecommunications Inc. and Excite Europe will launch a European Wireless Application Protocol directory gateway.
- Gateway to the Wireless Internet. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;09/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p26
Focuses on Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) gateway developments in the telecommunication industry. Functionalities of the WAP gateway; Prediction on the growth of wireless subscribers by 2001 and 2004; WAP gateway choices from U.S. Cellular and other telecommunication firms; Examples of...
- MobileOne urges 3G realism. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p12
Reports the commercial campaign on 3G services of the telecommunications industry. Unfair criticism on circuit-switched wireless application protocol (WAP) access and information services; Statement of Neil Montefiore, chief executive officer of MobileOne, fixed line and mobile operator;...