SBC Could Follow Tracker Pack
- Trimming the fat. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;03/30/98, Vol. 234 Issue 13, p88
Opinion. Focuses on the challenges faced by Ameritech in an increasingly competitive market. Chairman Richard Notebaert's corporate strategy; Streamlining of business operations to cut costs; Addition of wireless services to generate more revenue per subscriber.
- Ameritech's CDMA up in SE Michigan. // RCR;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p21
Cites the launching of the ClearPath Code Division Multiple Access digital cellular network in southeast Michigan, by Ameritech Corporation of Chicago, Illinois. Details on the network.
- Competition all over the map for Illinois. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;02/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, pI-12
Presents information on the telecommunications revolution in Illinois focusing on Ameritech Corporation's lay out plan called Customers First. Listing of the different types of digital wireless services in Illinois to choose from; Information on American Telephone and Telegraph Corporation;...
- Market shuffle brings GTE, Ameritech closer to pending mergers. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;04/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p4
Reports on GTE Corp.'s plans to purchase Ameritech Corp.'s wireless communications properties in the Middle West. Ameritech's reasons for divesting in several wireless markets; Worth of the transaction; GTE's plans in managing the properties.
- Ameritech. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p35
Reports that the domestic cellular subscriber base of Ameritech Corp. reached 3.7 million in the first quarter of 1999. Increase in operating cash flow from wireless businesses in the United States as well as in net income.
- GTE All Over the Map. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/12/99, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p8
Reports on Ameritech's sale of its wireless markets in Saint Louis, Missouri, and Chicago, Illinois, to GTE. Benefits of the acquisition to GTE; Implications on the wireless landscape.
- Ameritech finds customers confused. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p26
Cites the results of an Ameritech Corp. survey on American consumers' opinion of wireless telecommunications technology. Customer confusion about the different types of wireless telephone options available in the market; Customers' feelings of indifference about technology associated with wireless.
- Wireless business to add hundreds of jobs to area. Cook, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/13/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
States that wireless business in the Cleveland area are predicted to create hundreds of jobs, due to the advent of personal communications service (PCS). Information on 185 jobs created by AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated and Ameritech Corporation; Information on GTE Mobilnet's hiring plans...
- AT&T prepares to launch wireless phone network. Beauprez, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/21/97, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p3
Reports that engineers at AT&T Corporation are testing a wireless communications network in Northeast Ohio. Competition which AT&T will face when it launches its personal communications services in the fall of 1997; Information on Ameritech Corporation's plan for cellular service to its...