A check on the temperature
- New York AHR Expo Shatters Records. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/18/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p1
The article features the 2008 Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition, which set the new records for 39,298 registered visitors and square feet of exhibit space, held at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City on January 22-24, 2008. It was attended by 6,778...
- It's air conditioning -- but is it art? Everitt, Neil // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Jul2009, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p13
The author reflects on the air conditioning exhibition held at the Pompidou Centre in Paris, France. Titled Voids, a retrospective modern art exhibition and dubbed the Exhibition of Nothing by the press, the author notes that the event contained exactly nothing. He mentioned a major highlight of...
- Under cover. // Rubber & Plastics News;7/26/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p22
The new 200,000-sq.-ft. Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis, Wisconsin , is protected by a Johns Manville Corp.'s UltraGard-brand EPDM roofing system. Designed to evoke the nostalgic feel of traditional farm buildings, the roof needed to hide 14 large air-conditioning...
- Space shortage predicted for UK. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;Feb97, p7
Focuses on a report predicting a shortage in exhibition space in Great Britain. Failure to meet increasing demand for exhibition space; Opportunity for unusual venues to meet demand for events; Wider price range for organizers.
- Wembley lines up major IT upgrade. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p13
Reports on the plans of Wembley Conference Centre in England to provide Internet high-speed data throughout the complex. Results of the review of the complex's technical facilities; Impact of the plans on organizers of special events.
- L'architecture parlante. Stephens, S. // Architectural Record;Aug1989, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p57
Reviews the recently completed Canadian Centre for Architecture in Montreal, designed by Montreal architect Peter Rose, in collaboration with the Centre's founder and director Phyllis Lambert.
- Networking: Art exhibit spaces. Mulder, Karen L. // Christianity Today;4/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p83
Lists a sampling of exhibition spaces which welcome art involving Christian themes. Contact information.
- Fun with food exhibition. // National Geographic World;Apr87, Issue 140, p25
The Ontario Science Center (Canada) had a special show called, `Food' which had exhibits, displays, games and facts related to food. Food consumption; Nutrition; Fish raising in silos; Hydroponics; Old-fashioned and modern methods of food preparation.
- The last frontier. Nasatir, Judith // Interior Design;Jul95, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p27
Presents information on a series of exhibitions to be held by the Canadian Centre for Architecture on American architecture. Information on schedule of exhibitions; Contact number.