Take a trip to Turkey Mill for team-building
- Out on a limb. Lovitt, Rob // Backpacker;Mar1993, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p140
Discusses why the author enjoys climbing trees to gaze at the scenery below. The benefits of such a hobby; His experience of climbing to the top; A good physical workout; His rediscovery of climbing during a camping trip in the North Cascades; Climbing trees also benefits the soul.
- Signpost. Osborne, Steve; Sigardsson, Frances // Backpacker;May93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Comments on several news events of interest to outdoor lovers. International Paper Co.'s plans to donate 20,000 acres of boreal forest to the State of New York and the non-profit Conservation Fund; Inland Sea Society of Bayfield, Wisconsin's annual sea kayaking symposium; `Wolf-like animal' shot...
- 60-MINUTE FIXES. Ettinger, Amy // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p33
Presents information on several outdoor recreational activities in Chicago, Illinois.
- 3 WAYS TO SEE Maine. // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p36
Describes several outdoor activities in Maine.
- TRAIL TOWN: Damascus, VA. Wood, Charlie // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p37
Presents information on several outdoor recreation sites in Damascus, Virginia.
- 60 MINUTE FIXES. Carter, Grace // Backpacker;Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p29
Offers ideas on outdoor activities that can be done in Los Angeles, California.
- Taking the `risk' out of risky play. // Current Health 1;Apr90, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p21
Recommends thinking through possible risks before engaging in playful activity. Recounts tragic river-rafting incident; Discusses possible risks and safety suggestions for a bike trip, playing around a construction site and going on a campout.
- Park, beaches & other public facilities. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p70
Presents a list of parks, beaches and other outdoor facilities in Long Island, New York. Name and address; Acres; Activities offered.
- Chip shots and the outdoors. Conley, C. // Outdoor Life;Nov88, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p6
Editorial. Discusses how hunting and fishing are far from vanishing activities. Presents various sales figures for fishing and hunting equipment sales and compares both sports to the popularity of golfing.