The security challenge
- Importance Degree Evaluation of the Affecting Factors on Exhibition Security Accidents. Lin Wei-Ling; Zou Yong-Guang; Zheng Xiang-Min // Journal of Applied Sciences;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p2544
The occurrence of exhibition security accidents is the result of the mutual coupling factors of "man-machine-environment-management". This study is going to elaborate 11 influencing factors of exhibition security accidents from four aspects, i.e., man, mechanical equipment, environment and...
- Key to crowd safety. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Jun2001, p55
Discusses safety and security measures for events and exhibitions. Importance of communication in ensuring security; Effect of budget restrictions on badging and ticketing requirements; Need for the supplier to visit the site to make a full assessment. INSETS: Info file;Further...
- Show security to be tight. // eWeek;11/5/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p5
Reports the tightened security at the COMDEX Computer Show responding to the September 11 terrorist attacks, 2001 in the United States.
- Security Zones; Captain of the Port Detroit. Ogden, J. E. // Federal Register;3/29/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 61, p19161
The article discusses the proposal by the U.S. Coast Guard to add a permanent security zone within the Captain of the Port Detroit Zone. The proposed security zone aims to limit vessels from a portion of the Detroit River to ensure safety and security of participants, visitors, and public...
- U.S. fabric brands skip European shows. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;9/15/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the fall of American decorative fabrics companies participating in offshore exhibitions like "Decosit" in Brussels, Belgium, and Heimtextil in Frankfurt, Germany. The American companies states that they are just creating their fabrics in the same place just like others to...
- A licence to protect. Sanders, John // Event;Oct2005, p16
Focuses on the impact of regulations governing security staff on the special events industry explained by Association of Exhibition Organisers project director John Sanders. Provision of the British government's Private Security Industry Act 2001; Functions of a private security personnel; Role...
- Test your troubleshooting skills. Nelson, Ronald E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p17
Presents a quiz on troubleshooting security systems. Includes the best way to test a standby battery; Causes of a dark circle around the image of a closed-circuit television monitor; Effects of power line-induced harmonics.
- Supervising the MOV in an EM lock. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p21
Provides answers to readers' questions about security systems. Checking of smoke detectors; Checking for power supply problems; Details of how polarized notification appliances and panel supervision works in a fire alarm panel.
- Strong commercial market gateway to diverse systems. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p112
Focuses on the growth of the commercial access control segment of the security services industry. Electronic access controls as gateways to additional products and services; Trends in access control.