Entering the sports arena
- Running on empty in fuel crisis. // Marketing Event;Oct2000, p82
Reports that Wembley, the host venue for Emap's Independent Living 2000, offered free parking to visitors during the fair in London, England. Features of the exhibition.
- Arena temporary structures technology boosts business. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Apr2003, p6
Reports on the use of Tensioned Fabric Structure (TFS) from Arena Structures at various exhibitions. Decision of Decorex International to hire Arena for building a TFS; Appointment of Arena for the construction of Widespan structure at The Daily Telegraph Golf Show; Other exhibitions that will...
- Greensboro woodworking exp set Feb. 14-15. // Furniture/Today;1/21/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p10
Reports the scheduling of the 2002 Carolinas Industrial Woodworking Expo at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Mixed reaction to Event Expo 2000. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Feb2001, p11
Focuses on the mixed reactions of exhibitors in the 2000 Event Expo at the London Arena, England in January 2001. Estimated number of exhibitors and visitors in the event; Views on the exhibition.
- Event Expo opts to stay at Arena. // Marketing Event;May2000, p8
Confirms the plan of Event Expo to remain at the London Arena in England.
- Central contenders. Wills, Abigail // Event;Jul/Aug2004, p37
Focuses on the transformation of several sports arenas into exhibition spaces in Great Britain. Information on the Centaur, a purpose-built open space in Cheltenham, England Racecourse for conferences, exhibitions, banqueting and award dinners; Exhibition space provided by Arena Coventry;...
- Show of unity. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Jan2002, p37
Highlights the '11th Event Expo' exhibition at the London Arena in England from January 22 to 24, 2002. Speakers at the annual meeting; Number of visitors who came to the show in 2001; Trade associations and bodies that will participate in the event; Shows that will provide meeting points for...
- BATTLING REVERB. // SRO, Staging Rental Operations;May/Jun2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p42
Describes the set design for the 2004 North Carolina State Fair at Dorton Arena in Raleigh. Approach used by designer Cooper Cannady; Description of the audio systems used for the event.
- Centres of excellence. White, Sara // Marketing Event;May2001, p29
Provides information on several exhibition venues in London, England, which are investing in technology to meet the demands of exhibition organizers. Wembley Arena; Earls Court Olympia; London Arena.