Raise your profile
- The lowdown on trade shows. Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Jan95, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p9
Presents the comments of public relations practitioners on how to improve media relations during trade shows or exhibitions. Exhibitors' image of themselves; Pre-arranged interviews at booths; Demonstration of a public relations person's ability.
- Trade shows: Make them worth the investment. Burnham, Kathy // Public Relations Tactics;Sep99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p10
Provides tips for public relations professionals to help their companies transform budget-intensive trade shows into lead-generating and brand-building successes. Preliminary research; development of the booth design; Pre-show, on-site and post-show promotions; Event options; Media...
- Capitalizing on your trade show investments. Kramer, Karen L. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;May98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p6
Provides public relations techniques that will enhance trade show participation. Includes providing trade publications; Developing a complete media information kit; Conducting an informal poll at your exhibit; Building relationships with the media.
- TAKING A STAND. Foley, Trevor // Marketing Week;5/17/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p63
Discusses some very important elements that companies need to bear in mind when putting their message across during exhibitions. Questions to consider when deciding to exhibit; Value of researching exhibitions in one's field; Importance of cultivating visitor value during exhibitions.
- How I Did It. Freda, Ceil // NEA Today;Apr2001, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p24
Features the `100 Famous Faces from the 1900s' library display at Middletown High School South in New Jersey. Names of the famous faces posted; Details on the selection process; Significance of the project.
- PR, ad agencies add show sizzle. Trager, Cara S. // Crain's New York Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p36
Describes how public relations firms and advertising agencies help exhibitors market their products and services during trade shows in New York City. Expensive freebies; Interactive presentations; Crisper and bolder signs; Downside of agency involvement.
- Trouble in the Low Countries. Walker, Clive // Event;Jun2003, p21
Reports on the poor performance of the exhibition industry in the Benelux region in Europe. Countries that comprised the region; Main advantages of exhibition organizers in the region; Features of the Ahoy' Rotterdam center.
- FROM OUR BLOGGERS. // PRWeek (London);1/18/2013, p16
The article offers information on several public relations (PR) events in Great Britain as observed by some British bloggers in January 2013 including the Consumer Electronics Show, the publication of a write-up about PR in "Management Today," and the controversy concerning the products promoted...
- Shows set to target PR firms. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec98, p10
Talks about two trade shows aimed at marketers and public relations professionals. Information on Centre Exhibitions' Marketing Your Business show; Details on RJA Events' PR Showcase; Comments from Andrea Buxton, exhibition sales manager, Centre Exhibitions.