A drive for standards
- Media firms fail to profit from SMS. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;10/17/2002, p10
Reports on a research conducted by Benchmark Research company on the use of Short Message Service (SMS) from mobile telephones as a marketing channel by the media companies in Great Britain. Indication of the survey on the percentage of company that benefits from the SMS services; Percentage...
- Manufacturing fights back. // Works Management;Feb2008, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on the "Trends in UK manufacturing 1997-2007" reports released by Benchmark Research in Great Britain. According to the article, the report reveals that manufacturing businesses incurred a changing size and structure with increase in productivity by 25% and expects...
- CDs, DVDs and games prove to be most-bought products online. McCormick, Andrew // New Media Age;5/18/2006, p13
The article focuses on a survey by Benchmark Research for Contact MC which revealed that Internet users have bought compact discs, DVD or video games online. According to the study, these are the most frequently bought items online. Tickets and holidays are the second and third most purchased...
- Early e-procurement take-up is paying off. Dillabough, Chris // New Media Age;7/11/2002, p17
Presents the results of a survey conducted by Benchmark Research for Commerce One on the use of electronic-procurement. Number of businesses surveyed; Countries surveyed; Percentage of respondents who use electronic-procurement to manage internal requests for purchase.
- Three quarters of UK manufacturers "have no Y2K strategy": claim. // Works Management;Dec97, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p6
This article reports that three quarters of manufacturing companies in the Great Britain have no strategy to address the year 2000 problem. It discusses that the Benchmark Research analysis revealed that two-thirds of manufacturers have no written guarantees that their systems are year 2000...
- Industry focuses training effort on service. Lawrence, Adam // Works Management;Aug1999, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p42
The article discusses the Training for Industry and Commerce (TIC) survey by the Benchmark Research. The survey stated that there are key business challenges that organizations face, including customer satisfaction, product and service quality, and organizational change. Furthermore, 75 percent...
- Darwin's Sydney story evolves further. // Australian Horticulture;Sep2009, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p7
The article reviews the exhibition "Darwin's Descendants: 200 Years of Scientific Adventures," at the Red Box Gallery, National Herbarium of New South Wales, through November 14, 2009.
- When words of wisdom are not wise. KJELDSEN, ANNA KARINA; JENSEN, MATILDE NISBETH // Journal Nordic Museology / Nordisk Museologi;2015, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p91
This article presents a study of the linguistic accessibility of Danish museum exhibition texts. The point of departure is the well-established paradigm shift in the international museum field proclaiming that today's museums should strive to give physical and intellectual access to all visitors...
- A Research Expo with a Difference. WA LCOTT-HARDY, ANNA // UWI Today;Jun2013, p5
The article offers information on the Exposition and Symposium to be held by the University of West Indies (UWI) at its campus in Saint Augustine, Trinidad & Tobago from October 2 to 5, 2013, which will be showcasing research projects across seven faculties.