Arabs threaten to ban Disney goods
- THE FREEDOM CENTER HAS A DREAM. Doane, Kathleen // Cincinnati Magazine;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p54
The voice of the driver was merely a recording, and the bus was in a museum gallery, the center-piece of an exhibition devoted to the Montgomery bus boycott in the National Museum of Civil Rights in Memphis. As he walked out of the National Civil Rights Museum that fall day in 1993, Chip Harrod...
- Split Wide Open. // India Today;8/15/2011, p48
The article reports on the boycott being planned by Indian artists against the art exhibition "Deconstructing India" to be held in a new wing of the Tel Aviv Museum as a protest to Israel's anti-Palestine state stand.
- The Road to FREEDOM. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;3/14/2003, Vol. 84 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on issues related to a historic bus exhibited at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. Restoration of the bus; Arrest of seamstress Rosa Parks for refusing to offer a seat to a white man; Boycott of African Americans to ride the bus due to the arrest of Parks.
- Indian artists boycott Tel Aviv show. // Green Left Weekly;8/17/2011, Issue 891, p14
The article reports on the move of the Indian artists to sign a public statement that refuses and boycotts the invitation of the curators of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art to take part in an exhibition in Israel.
- Second Amendment boycott. Rogers, Jamie // Missoula Independent;1/31/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p6
The article informs that Missoula, Montana-based Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation has announced to boycott the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania after Great Britain-based event planner Reed Exhibitions announced to disallow the sale or display of assault rifles there.
- Growth pains. Prior, Sian // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/8/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6367, p15
This article focuses on the Tasmanian biennial festival held. The Artists For Forests (AFF) group advocated a festival boycott to protest against the logging of old-growth forests, and the ensuing public war of words between festival director Robyn Archer and AFF members precluded any political...
- No shows. // Wheels;Nov2008, p24
The article focuses on the boycott of various car manufacturers for the 2009 motor show in Sydney, New South Wales. It is inferred that car companies are protesting the fact that both Sydney and Melbourne hold motor annually, stating that the cost for both shows was unreasonable. Companies which...
- Artists boycott Bondi Beach sculpture event. Fortescue, Elizabeth // Art Newspaper;Nov2010, Issue 218, p3
The article reports on a boycott by artists' galleries of the annual 2010 Sculpture by the Sea event held in Sydney, Australia from October 28 to November 14, 2010 because of disputes over the sharing of commissions made on sculpture sales at the show.
- Consumer boycotts are ineffective, yet still successful. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p27
Focuses on the results of a report by `Mother Jones' magazine showing that consumer boycotts are less effective through the dent they cause in sales than in public image.