Mice scoops ...2m Macau handover
- Macau. // CIA World Fact Book;1999, pN.PAG
Presents facts and figures about Macau. Geographic information; Demographic figures; Overview of the government and political system; Economic conditions; Defense forces.
- Historical background. // Macau Economic Studies;2000, p50
Offers a glimpse at the history of Macau that can be used as a means for executives to appreciate its role in shaping the area's current potential for strategic investments. Social development of the country; Key historical events; How the government structure evolved; Key events in the...
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Macau;Oct2011, p4
The article provides information on the history of Macau. The country was established in 1152. The Portuguese first ruled the country in 1680 while the Chinese communists continued their battle for territorial authority. The Chinese communists governed the country in 1949 and created diplomatic...
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Macau;Dec2003, p2
Discusses the history of Macau. Development of the region's port as a trading post for China-Japan trade and staging port on voyage from Lisbon to Nagasaki; Information on the Protocol of Lisbon, a Manchu-Portuguese agreement signed on March 26, 1887; Governor of Macau whose visit to China...
- The Last Outpost. Barnett, Cherry // History Today;Dec99, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p38
Deals with the return of Macao, the Portuguese-administered enclave on the coast of China to Beijing, China's rule at midnight on December 19, 1999. Population and area of Macao; Year the Portuguese achieved control of Macao with the Chinese approval; List of the Portuguese trading routes in...
- Macau. // CIA World Fact Book;2004, pN.PAG
Provides information on Macau, an autonomous region in China. History; Form of government; Territorial jurisdiction; Demographics; Economic activity.
- Background Note: Macau. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Macau;Nov2004, p1
Presents information on Macau, China. Geography; Government type; History; Foreign relations.
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Macau;Nov2004, p2
Looks at the history of Macau, China. Background on the Portuguese occupation in Macau; Information on the Protocol of Lisbon entered into by the Manchu government and Portugal on March 26, 1887; Significance of a 1887 agreement between the Portugal and the Chinese government to the sovereignty...
- HISTORY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Macau;Dec2004, p2
Presents information on the history of Macau. Establishment of Xiangshan County under which Macau was administered; Contribution of the Portuguese to Macau; Economic prosperity of Macau during World War II.