Fire safety bus to tour schools
- PASSPORT TO SAFETY: A TALE OF TWO CITIES. Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jan2003, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on the innovative program being initiated by the Downers Grove Fire Department for fire prevention. Education of children on the safety measures during fire; Details on the basic safety lessons; Knowledge and practice of children on the basic fire safety behaviors.
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p124
Features the props used by the Livonia, Michigan Fire and Rescue department in presenting fire safety education programs to citizens of Livonia. Exhibit showing the importance of the 'stop, drop and roll' technique; Equipment used in the 'crawl low under smoke' drill; Value of checking smoke...
- Whitney VFD teaches fire prevention. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/17/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p3
The article informs that the Whitney Volunteer Fire Department, Whitney, Texas visited daycare centers and Whitney Elementary School, Whitney, Texas to teach the children about fire prevention.
- EMT Basic Course set for Burnet. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/ 8/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p9A
The article reports on the Burnet Fire Department's EMT Basic Class that will be held at the Burnet Airport in Texas from June 1 to September 18, 2013.
- Burnet firemen bring 'Mission Safety' to local youths. BERTELSON, CHRISTI // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/14/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 45, p3A
The article discusses the October 2015 Mission Safety program of the Burnet Fire Department in Texas, held during the 93rd Annual National Fire Safety Week, which taught fire safety behaviors to school children.
- Firefighters give students a lesson in fire safety, fire prevention. HANCOCK, DOUGLAS // East Bernard Express (TX);10/20/2016, Vol. 73 Issue 42, p1
No abstract available.
- Where Have We Been? Where Are We Going? Stark, Dennis // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p32
The article reflects on the accomplishments with public fire education in Minnesota. The fire service has made progress to identify the fire problems over the years. Collecting data and statistics is important to make changes. Some of the major events that took place in 2006 include Governor's...
- Where are we going in Public Fire Safety Education and why? Bernardy, Dan // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p36
Highlights the goals developed by the Minnesota State Fire Marshal to accomplish in 2005. Enhancement of the public fire and life safety education abilities and opportunities of the fire service; Intention to decrease the amount of injury, death and property loss due to preventable fire...
- Training to the top. Adams, Elaine // Fire;Jun2013, Vol. 106 Issue 1358, p51
The article provides information on the completion of 10 trainees at the training school of Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service in England. It mentions that all have finished three months of basic training before they join one of 22 fire stations in the county crewed by on-call firefighters. It...