Spice up your Xmas party
- An Elegant way to have fun. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec99, p62
Highlights the time-themed celebrations of Elegant Days for companies or organizations. Things included in the package; Available dates for booking.
- Briefs. // Marketing Event;Feb2001, p7
Presents updates on several exhibitions and trade shows in Europe as of January 2001. Agreement made by Publishing Events with Emap Fashion & Retail to produce exhibition catalogs; Details on the World Congress on Safety and Health at Work exhibition in Vienna, Italy; Corporate hospitality...
- Sellers beats rivals to snap up Elegant Days. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Mar2003, p4
Reports on the acquisition of Elegant Days by Sellers Hospitality on February 26, 2003. Terms of the acquisition; Excerpts from the joint statement of executives Charles Webb and Eddie Hoarse about the acquisition; Reputation of Elegant Days.
- Briefs. // Marketing Event;Apr2001, p10
Presents news briefs related to special events in Great Britain as of April 2001. Attendance rate during the London International Dive Show in England on March 3-4, 2001; Contract awarded by Tennis Associations to Elegant Days for the 2001 Wimbledon Open; Outlet launched by PizzaExpress on...
- Elegant Days and Sellers to become Arena. // Event;Sep2003, p9
Focuses on the decision of Arena Event Services to rebrand its hospitality businesses Elegant Days and Sellers Hospitality as of September 2003. Details on the merger of Elegant and Sellers; Appointment of Eddie Hoare as chairman of the rebranded company.
- Mardi gras leads to Lent leads to Easter. Ruether, Rosemary Radfor // National Catholic Reporter;02/28/97, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p18
Provides information on various traditions in the observance of Mardi gras. Origins of the Caribbean and Latin American's observance of the season; Explanations for the celebrations; Analysis of Mardi gras' role in the celebration of Easter.
- THE FIREBOAT THAT RESCUED REX. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p136
Reports on the arrival of Rex, described as the Carnival King since the initiation of Lundi Gras festival in 1987 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Arrival of Rex in a boat; Reference to the arrival of another king Zulu; Path followed by the king.
- They're not really krewes; they'er korporations. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);08/18/97, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p13
Opinion. Focuses on the approval by City Council of the Krewe of the Americas, to march on Mardi Gras night. How the Council should be rational about the Carnival; Examination of how carnival is changing.
- Don't put a price on Carnival. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/16/98, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p14
Editorial. Looks at the predictions for Carnival season 1998, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Description of Mardi Gras in New Orleans; Comments on the disturbing trend of Carnival; Growth of Carnival in New Orleans annually.