Change in the capital
- Easy as pie? Allen, Emma // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/29/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4469, p97
This article focuses on the strategy employed by Lindley Catering, the caterer at the Machester City football stadium, to offset the decline in fans attendance due to the weak performance of the Manchester team in the 2007 season. According to Lindley chief executive Alex McCrindle, home crowd...
- Half-time turnaround. Bill, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/30/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4453, p40
The article focuses on the trial of caterer Lindley Catering's catering procedure aimed at selling food during half-time intervals in football tournaments. The laboratory for this new procedure is Lindley's flagship City of Manchester stadium where Premiership team Manchester City plays at home...
- ISC Expo readies for Chicago. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the ISC Expo/Chicago 98, which will be held from May 31 and June 1, at Navy Pier in Chicago. Information on what will be on display at the show; Comments from Eileen Baird, industry vice president for Association Expositions and Services, managers and producers of the event; What the...
- News from Scan-Tech. // Material Handling Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p16
Presents several news announcements featured in the 1998 Scan-Tech show. Includes Quad II's release of video series to help explain bar code, EDI and EC technologies; Symbol Technologies Inc.'s signing of an agreement with Verbex Voice Systems to sell Verbex's industrial speech recognition...
- Editorial. // Marketing Event;Feb97, p5
Editorial. Comments on the Millennium exhibition at Greenwich, England. Torrid debate and rumor-mongering about the event's budget; Targeted business sponsorship amount.
- Millennium show to profit business. Mistry, Bhavna // Marketing Event;Feb97, p6
Focuses on the events industry's cautious support for the Millennium exhibition in Greenwich, England. Boost to the events business; Attracting revenues across the board; Political debate over project details.
- In pursuit of Pink Pound. // Marketing Event;Feb97, p8
Focuses on the launching of FUSED, an exhibition targeted at the gay and gay friendly market in Great Britain. Estimated worth of the gay market annually; Interactive format of the event. INSET: Pink economy facts..
- Sydney profits as Olympics beckon. Acland, Holly // Marketing Event;Feb97, p17
Focuses on the expected boom of Sydney, New South Wales' exhibition industry as a result of hosting the Olympic Games in 2000. Benefits from a light rail network; Financial commitment from the Government.
- Strong recovery report from Milan. // Marketing Event;Feb97, p17
Focuses on a comparative research into the trade fair sectors of seven key European countries. Analysis of data provided by official trade fair bodies; Possibility of the recovery of the trade fair sector; Response by trade fair centers and organizers both to the more specialized needs of...