Gateways to the Far East
- A MIXED BAG. // Australian Giftguide;Jul/Sep2015, p56
The article reviews the exhibition "Hong Kong Gifts and Premium fair" organized by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) in April 2015.
- Beyond the hype. Baldinger, Pamela // China Business Review;May/Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p38
Opinion. Ponders on several international trade issues in Hong Kong arising from the colony's upcoming handover to China in 1997. Application of international treaties in Hong Kong; Effects to bilateral arrangements; Changes in Hong Kong's immigration ordinances; Foreign investment issues.
- Regional review: Hong Kong. // Asian Business Review;Nov96, p13
Reports on business developments in Hong Kong as of November 1996. Optimism of chief secretary of Hong Kong Anson Chan after Hong Kong's return to the Chinese rule; Official handover of Hong Kong to China; Inflation rate as of August.
- Hong Kong prepares for changes. Andorka Jr, Frank H. // Hotel & Motel Management;06/16/97, Vol. 212 Issue 11, p8
Looks at the commerce in Hong Kong as the Chinese government takes over the country in June 30, 1997. How the expansion of the airport in Hong Kong became a major concern for tourism in the country; Possible effects of restrictions set by the Chinese government in Hong Kong; Potential...
- Trade figures. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p17
Presents Hong Kong's re-exports and domestic exports in June 1997. Value of total exports in June 1997 compared with the 1996 figures.
- Plastic toy industry looks for better 2014. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;2/3/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p0017
The article discusses the performance of the plastic toy manufacturing industry of Hong Kong, China in 2013 and presents comments from executives such as Yeung Chi Kong concerning their forecasts for 2014. Topics include profit margins, toy exporting, competition with manufacturers from...
- Untitled. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 250 Issue 15, p18
Presents an update on the manufacturing industry as of January 2002. Rank of Hong Kong, China among free economies in 2002; Significance of speed or the ability to get products to the end customer quickly, in manufacturing competitiveness.
- Taming the Asian tigers. McBride, Caryn A. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/22/93, Vol. 32 Issue 46, p1
Reports that the aggressive global enterprise of other nations threatens the economic vitality of the United States. Europeans' expansion in international markets; Consistent success of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Korea in the international market; Hong Kong's prominence in...
- Hong Kong, U.S. have good dialog. Pogoda, Dianne M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/23/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 78, p11
Reports on United States cooperation with Hong Kong to battle illegal transshipments as discussed at a conference of the 1996 US Association of Importers of Textiles and Apparel. Statements by US Customs Commissioner George J. Weise; Christopher Jackson, Minister of Economic and Trade Affairs...