Fashion deal for Advanstar
- Advanstar plans to buy Larkin Group. Romero, Elena // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 9, p2
Reports that Advanstar Communications has signed an agreement to acquire Larkin Group. Overview on trade shows staged by Larkin annually; Comments of Bob Krakoff, chairman of Advanstar, on the significance of the acquisition to the company's commitment to add quality marketing communication...
- Advanstar sews up acquisition. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the acquisition of the Larkin Group of Newton, Massachusetts, a fabric and trade show operator, by Advanstar Communications Inc. Need for a large presence in the area of fashion merchandising; Other acquisitions in building up the fashion and apparel business segment.
- Advanstar to buy Larkin Group. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p18
Cites Advanstar Communications' agreement to buy the Larkin Group. Larkin Group's magazine `Accent' and trade shows to be aligned with Advanstar's MAGIC International apparel shows; Description of Larkin's exhibitions.
- Competition, Tradition and Honor. Cannon, Bill // Motor Age;Jul2002, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p7
Reports the acquisition of Motor Service magazine by Advanstar Communications. History of the magazine; Names of contributing editors to the magazine after the aquisition; Appointment of Jim Halloran as executive editor of the magazine.
- Advanstar maintains torrid acquisition pace. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;May99, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the acquisition activities of Advanstar Communications Inc. Acquisition of MAGIC apparel trade shows; Publications of the company.
- Advanstar agrees to buy MAGIC Int'l. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/9/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 67, p3
Focuses on the agreement signed by Advanstar Communications Incorporated, a business publishing and exposition company, to acquire MAGIC International fashion firm. Position to be held by Joe Loggia, president of MAGIC, upon the acquisition; Shows to be held by MAGIC in Las Vegas, Nevada;...
- ADVANSTAR'S ADVANCE. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
Examines the issues surrounding Advanstar Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Thomson's "Medical Economics" unit. Terms and conditions of the acquisition deal; Impact on the medical publishing industry. INSET: THE ADVANSTAR/THOMSON DEAL.
- UBM Buys Advanstar for $972 Million. RONDON, MICHAEL // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2014, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that multinational media company UBM PLC has bought event and marketing services business Advanstar for 972 million dollars and mentions that under the deal, Advanstar's biannaul show Magic Marketplace alongwith 300 websites and 30 print publications will be transferred to UBM.
- Advanstar Partners With Balluun for Online Marketplace. Lipke, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/30/2013, Vol. 206 Issue 19, p3
The article reports on the deal signed by MAGIC Market Week of multi-platform events and information services company ADVANSTAR GLOBAL LLC to merge its online marketplace at shopthefloor.com with the digital business-to-business software platform of online business marketplace operator Balluun Inc.